Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: creosote as a badger deteterrent  (Read 3242 times)

tobytoby

• Joined May 2011
  • north ayrshire
creosote as a badger deteterrent
« on: August 19, 2012, 07:58:31 pm »
I have stayed in this house for 22 years and until this week had never seen a living badger around us. This week it was in the field next to us and yesterday it came in the garden both times in daylightand bit or scratched one of my dogs. I have been told by a gamekeeper that Creosote is the business for keeping them away - has anyone tried this? This badger has probably been expelled from the Sett  and is looking for a new home, i just need to keep it away from my dogs and hens.

Bramblecot

• Joined Jul 2008
Re: creosote as a badger deteterrent
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 11:56:50 pm »
Neighbour had the same problem.  He asked me for creosote (I was using it on the chicken house) and he put it round the garden boundary.  No badgers this year.  Hope the dog is ok :bouquet: .  I have heard that Jeyes fluid works too - but no experience of that.

Shropshirelass

• Joined Jul 2012
  • South Shropshire
  • A country lass who loves it all!
Re: creosote as a badger deteterrent
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2012, 12:49:55 am »
Hi no experiences of either but if you use jeyes fluid it is HIGHLY poisonous to cats - just thought you should like to know x

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS