Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Greenhouse?  (Read 2086 times)

escapedtothecountry

• Joined Feb 2012
  • www.escapedtothecountry.com
    • Escaped to the Country
Greenhouse?
« on: August 18, 2012, 11:01:29 pm »
I know that you can pay a wide range for what is seemingly a similar greenhouse, but I wondered if anyone had any thoughts on the price of second hand ones. I have just let one go (didn't bid enough) that was 16 feet long by 8 feet aluminium and glass that went for under £400 but had to be dismantled by the buyer.

There is however one for sale which is1 10 feet by 6 feet - but is already dismantled - again glass and aluminium. What would you pay if you were in the market  for one?

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
Re: Greenhouse?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012, 11:11:07 pm »
It will depend on the quality of aluminium. Some are so flimsy that they bend and become misshapen easily. There are different quality glass as well.

The best thing is to try and find the company name of the greenhouse and glazing type then look up how much it would cost new. An estimate of the price can then be decided by age, condition etc.

We decided on a polytunnel after extensive window shopping and googling greenhouses last year. Just erected this year so don't know how well it is going to do compared to a greenhouse, but here's hoping it stands up to the winter gales  :innocent:

escapedtothecountry

• Joined Feb 2012
    • Escaped to the Country
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 10:46:02 pm »
I ended up buying a dismantled one off ebay complete will all instructions, 10ft x 8ft for £175. Seems reasonable given the model brand new was over £600

escapedtothecountry

• Joined Feb 2012
    • Escaped to the Country
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 06:44:57 pm »
As I said, the version I bought was over £600 new - so a decent price I thought. May revise that opinion depending on how easy it is to build.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS