Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Which Disinfectant do you peeps use?  (Read 2481 times)

Bumblebear

• Joined Jun 2012
  • Norfolk
    • http://southwellski.blogspot.co.uk/
Which Disinfectant do you peeps use?
« on: August 16, 2012, 08:35:56 am »
I want as eco friendly a disinfectant as possible for the poultry/animal areas and the trailer.  Virkon S seems too "chemically", what product does everyone use?

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
Re: Which Disinfectant do you peeps use?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 01:07:52 pm »
Poultry shield is a good all-round disinfectant and mite killer. I'm not sure about the environmental impact. It has no smell and is safe for all animals. The main thing for me is it kills REDMITE!
I think it it P&T poultry who have a good post on the data of this product if you want a read.

I only have a few hens so this is all I need, don't know what would be the best choice for other animal diseases.

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 03:26:18 pm »
If you want a DEFRA approved disinfectant that is also "quite" enviro friendly us Viratec P This is the blurb on the product:

Viratec-P Poultry Disinfectant cleans and disinfects in one application and  is UK DEFRA approved against all notifiable poultry diseases. Containing a  powerful composition, Viratec-P is highly effective against 65 strains of virus in over 19 viral families, hundreds of strains of bacteria and over 100 strains  of fungi.[/i]
Powerful and fast-acting, Viratec-P will kill bacteria with contact times as  low as 5 minutes. Ideal for use on housing, arks, equipment and effective on  porous surfaces, hard water and in the presence of organic matter.[/i]
Viratec-P is environmentally acceptable with an exceptional safety profile  towards man and animals when used and disposed of as instructed on the label.  [/i]
500g makes 50 litres[/i]

Thanks[/i]
www.suppliesforsmallholders.co.uk - Safe Secure shopping for all your livestock equipment and supplies.
Also www.suppliesforfarmers.co.uk for more larger farm related items

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 03:29:20 pm »
Just noticed that you also want to use on the trailer and animal areas - viratec P may not be suitable for all - I would suggest Sorgene 5 for trailers and livestock areas. - Not Enviro friendly though....
www.suppliesforsmallholders.co.uk - Safe Secure shopping for all your livestock equipment and supplies.
Also www.suppliesforfarmers.co.uk for more larger farm related items

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS