Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Wanted - Just about everything!!  (Read 3787 times)

sanman

• Joined May 2009
Wanted - Just about everything!!
« on: May 10, 2009, 07:51:35 pm »
Hi

I am starting a community smallholding in Sheffield, South Yorkshire.  We have about 6 acres of land and will be raising pigs and poultry for meat and growing veg.  A percentage of our surplus will be donated and the other sold to raise cash for the sustainability of the project.  We are looking to use this as an educatiobnal resource for children and also a therapeutic horticulture project for people recoving from strokes and heart attacks.  The smallholding will also obviously provide food for the people who are members of the project.

If anyone has any reasonably priced equipment then we would be interested.  In particular we are looking for:

• Pig Arks
  • Gas Brooder
  • electric fencing for pigs and poultry
  • drinkers and feeders for pigs and poultry

We are also looking for suppliers of rare breed weaners and bronze turkey poults.

Many thanks
Mark Whitehouse
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 09:42:02 pm by sanman »

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: Wanted - Just about everything!!
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 09:06:38 pm »
A bit too far away to help, but can I wish you every success with such a worthwhile project.  I hope you will stay on this forum and give us the benefit of your experiences.  If you need any advice you will find it in abundance on here.

Welcome to the TAS forum.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

smiffy

• Joined Jun 2008
    • http://www.northmoor-rarebreeds.com/
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 10:30:22 pm »
Hi Mark

we are just outside doncaster... we dont have any equipment for sale, but we breed rare breed pigs, poultry and cattle.

We can also help with basic advice if you need any.

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 06:53:02 am »
For pigs (if Smiffy cant help) try British Pig Association.  For arcs loads of advice on here about building your own.  Far cheaper. 

Rainyplace

• Joined Jan 2008
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2009, 07:54:02 am »
Hi There
I wish you the very best with your project. Where abouts in Sheffield will you be? Sheffield is my home town - is Heeley City Farm still going?
Good Luck
Jo

sanman

• Joined May 2009
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2009, 08:18:04 am »
Hi Jo

We are in lovely Loxley on the edge of the peak park - Heeley City farm is still thriving.

Smiffy

Many thanks - I am sure we will take you up on your offer.

carl

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2009, 09:21:49 am »
Lovely loxley.
look across the valley towards storrs/dungworth. you will see a small patch with a shiny pig ark. that's us.
usually you can see my three white geese from miles away. pm me and I will offer you the benefit of my meagre expeience. i have  a little spare amount of tackle, feeders and drinkers for chickens, and could lend you stuff at times if you are interested.
carl

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2009, 10:06:44 am »
We are looking to use this as an educatiobnal resource for children and also a therapeutic horticulture project for people recoving from strokes and heart attacks. 
sorry i can't help but
good luck with the project animals have a really good ability to help stroke, Had a friend who had a brain aneurysum (spelling?) and it cause her to have a stroke and chumly my dog some how knew this and was so gental with her it was unbeliable,
He would be so playfully and boastrus with her dog when he 'let his hair down' but then when he was by her side he was the best dog in the world with her.

sanman

• Joined May 2009
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2009, 12:38:32 pm »
Thanks all.  I'll keep you informed of our progress.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS