Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 1432 times)

ZaktheLad

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Thornbury, Nr Bristol
Hello!
« on: August 14, 2012, 08:37:07 am »
What a great site this is!  After trawling the internet to look for information on various breeds of tups I came across this site and just had to join up!  I am 39, female and live inbetween Bristol and Gloucester on a smallholding of 11 acres.    I have a lovely husband, a small flock of 20 sheep (started with 2 orphans years ago and the numbers have grown over the years), a cob x gelding called Zak, 3 dogs (2 lurchers and a border collie) and 8 hens. 

The sheep are mainly charollaisx, but I also have a couple of Ryelandx, and a couple of pedigree suffolks.   I enjoy going to shows with both the horse and the lurchers and although I have always fancied showing the sheep at local Christmas shows (pens of butchers lambs) I have never got around to it (yet!).   I have always used a charollais tup for my ewes, but this year I am looking to change to another breed and I am favouring the Hampshire Down at the moment - I am currently looking around on what breeds are out there.

I just wanted to say hello and I am sure I will have plenty of questions to ask, particularly when it comes to my sheep!   

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 09:05:19 am »
Hello and welcome from a warm but overcast Durham  :wave:

We have a couple of allotments with fruit, veg and 3 hens ( hoping to get more soon  :fc: ). In the house we have 2 dogs and a new mouser who is only 10 weeks so a long way to go yet. In the meantime he is practicing his killingmskills on the dogs tails  :innocent:

This is a great site for info and the spring was loaded with interesting, exciting and sometimes sad posts on lambing and not forgetting the photos that went with it  :excited:. Look forward to hearing your stories  :sheep:

luckylady

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Yorkshire
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 09:43:54 am »
 :wave: Hello from a humid overcast Yorkshire.  We have two lambs  :sheep: :sheep:  so starting off like you did in the ovine department!  Also have horses, dogs, cats.  This website/forum was such a support when starting with our lambs.   ;D ;D
Doing that swan thing - cool and calm on the surface but paddling like crazy beneath.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 08:25:07 pm »
 :wave: from  :sunshine: Carnoustie

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 10:04:14 pm »
 :wave:   Hi and welcome from  :sunshine:  Shropshire.  I am a back garden smalholder with  :goat: :goat: :goat: goats, fruit trees and bushes and veggie beds.  We also have  :dog: :dog: :dog:  dogs and a budgie.

Possum

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Somerset
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2012, 04:49:18 am »
Hello and welcome from another West Country smallholder (Somerset). We have just started with two lambs as well. Also weaners chickens and a polytunnel. This site is invaluble for help and information. Don't know what I would do without it. :thumbsup:

lill

• Joined May 2011
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2012, 07:12:03 am »
Hi and welcome to the forum from Bathgate  :wave:

philcaegrug

• Joined Jul 2012
  • ammanford
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2012, 03:28:54 pm »
Hello from a sunny/wet/sunny/wet south wales   :raining:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS