Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Ebay eggs failure again  (Read 13639 times)

the great composto

Re: Ebay eggs failure again
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2012, 10:11:35 pm »
Thanks Brijjy - i did try but no light sussex available from rosie.  I have managed to buy 2 local chicks to keep my lone LS company.  I have also bought some better quality eggs from a recommended source & will just have one more go - i will keep you posted.

Rubella Clapton

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2012, 06:11:16 am »
my dad hatched his quails from a box of a dozen off the shelves of Waitrose!
the only point of ebay is that you don't have to take time out to travel looking for stuff. but I would be checking here first!  (thankful for the lovely Scots greys hatched from eggs found here)

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2012, 07:45:57 am »
Sokel - do you think its just the luck of the draw and i should try again then?
I have found that the eggs from sellers that sell a lot of eggs are a lot more reliable than the sellers that just sell the odd half dozen, I have had some really good hatches in the past some have been 100% hatch rate
Graham

graham-j

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Canterbury Kent
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2012, 10:59:07 am »
Hi,I have bought lots of eggs off ebay from lots of different vendors and have generally had fairly good results 50% +. The couple of times there have been a problem the sellers have been incredibly helpful and have sent replacement egg straight away.
The worst eggs I ever bought were from a local person who sells them as part of a business,I emailed them to inform them of the poor hatch rate the said yes we think roger there cock buff orpington was getting a bit over weight so they even new.£24 for a dozen mostly infertile eggs what a rip off.

Graham.
Graham.

Rosie posie

• Joined Mar 2012
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2012, 04:57:58 pm »
Try Rosie Posie for light sussex.
I can definitely recommend Rosie Posie. I bought 15 turkey hatching eggs from her this year and I had 100% hatch rate. All her birds are in fantastic condition. I think if you want decent hatching eggs then sometimes you need to be prepared to travel for them.

oh thanks both of you, always nice to have personal recommendations, much appreciated  :thumbsup:

robbiegrant

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cupar. North East Fife
  • The Mighty Kroshka!
    • Exclusive Luxury Holiday Villa for Rent in Goa
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2012, 10:46:27 am »
What really annoys me is the postage costs some put on.

To post 6 eggs costs £2.70 and they usually add a £1 for the polybox. (Which is about 60p each) so thats around £3.70.

Most of them charge over £6 + another rip off.
[/quote

EGGACTLEY.... Its no yolk shelling out for postage.]
Cupar weather http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/hdfForecast?query=cupar
Goa weather http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/43192.html
Escape to paradise - http://www.vaastuvillagoa.com

It might look like I'm doing nothing, but at the cellular level I'm actually quite busy ;)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS