Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Help sewage problem!  (Read 2561 times)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Help sewage problem!
« on: May 08, 2009, 07:00:51 pm »
Not strictly a rural problem like septic tank, but the next nearest.  I have a holding tank in the front garden (covered by a shed roof so not conspicuous). As a result of a faulty switch we think, the tank has overflowed into the upper chamber and flooded the pumps which in turn switches off the electrics every so often. I need a firm to pump out the brick container and holding tank, and another to remove the pumps, dry them out and service them.  Anyone know a reputable company that won't charge the earth near Alloa?
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

sandy

Re: Help sewage problem!
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 07:51:17 pm »
Hope  you get sorted son Anne otherwise you may have to resort to the woods like me!!!! I suppose that was the problem, we always have stuff to sort out, if it's not one thing it is another, do you think a plumber would do it or an electricity or ???? What do Dynarod do? they probably would charge loads more than a  one man band hope you get some recemendations I can't help you, good luck!!!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 09:16:55 pm »
It needs a septic tank clearing company to empty the top brick area and also the holding tank underneath, then the pumps have to be taken away by an engineering firm, dried out, serviced, and the switch that's faulty replaced, then taken back and re-installed.  It's going to be costly I know so I won't be able to do other things to teh house that I intended to.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

rustyme

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2009, 09:25:38 pm »
Hello Annie,
               round here most farmers will come with their tractor and the slurry spreader and pump out for about £20-£30 I think ? some for less. Everything else would need sorting by someone else , but the farmers are miles cheaper than the sewage chaps. Worth asking a nearby farmer maybe ? Hope that helps mate....

cheers

Russ

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2009, 11:57:44 pm »
If I knew any farmers here I might do that - haven't met any yet.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS