Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Poor Boris  (Read 6842 times)

HappyHippy

Re: Poor Boris
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2012, 05:48:25 pm »
Quick update.....
Boris got gradually better over the course of the weekend but we took him down this afternoon just to get the vet to check him over anyway. I was worried.
It was a reaction to the flea treatment, the medication is called ProMeris and the vet says it has caused this kind of reaction in many dogs - vomiting, diorientation and losing locomotion in their back ends. She's said that if this ever happens in future to wash the area where the lotion has been applied repeatedly to try and minimise the effects. (Don't know why I didn't think of that at the time  ::))
Thanks for everyone's advice & kind words  :-* and be wary if you get given ProMeris - nasty stuff  :(
Karen  :wave:

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2012, 06:02:39 pm »
Glad boris is feeling better. (( hugs))  for boris.

Perhaps stick with frontline flea product. I use it as it is not systemic ( ie it does not work within the body.) It stays in the hair follicles so is very safe. It takes up to 24 hours to kill fleas and ticks but I'd rather this than a systemic  product even tho they can take action in an hour or so.

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2012, 06:36:52 pm »
Fantastic news - if kind of scary that thewormers are this toxic to his system, def sounds like non systemic approach better for him!
Really good news, so pleased for you (and poor Boris!), give him a kiss from me!

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2012, 06:44:48 pm »
That's great Karen  :excited:  - what a scare you've all had  :(   
Think though what any contact with that stuff might have done to you and the children - clearly to be avoided (and that other vet)
Big hugs for you and Boris  :-*
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2012, 08:17:36 pm »
bless him, hope Boris continues to improve, we've been thinking of him (and you) :)
Little Blue

HelenVF

• Joined Apr 2012
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2012, 08:27:36 pm »
Phew, what a relief.

Helen

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS