Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: To all you' Highlanders and Islanders'  (Read 2175 times)

Hermit

• Joined Feb 2010
To all you' Highlanders and Islanders'
« on: August 13, 2012, 10:13:35 pm »
I highly recomend Wares Of Knutsford for all your bottling and jam supplies. I usually have to pay up to £23.00 postage for jam jars and small holding supplies( thank goodness for make do and mend) but they only charge a tenner postage! Also they are very cheap( sshhh). I bought my jam jars and lids for the price of the postage from another firm which I also love for their service and help and range of products and actually delivering to Shetland but for jam supplies Wares of Knutsford cannot be beaten.

southernskye

• Joined Apr 2011
  • Isle of Skye - Scotland
Re: To all you' Highlanders and Islanders'
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 09:39:00 am »
Always worth knowing thanks.
i bought the wife some new speakers for the stereo for xmas. first company (cheapest speaker price) wanted 110% for postage! found another place at 35 quid for postage, just 30% of the speaker price.

I keep saying i will start an spreadsheet of affordable postage firms for the highlands and islands. might ask the wife to start one, would be a useful resource!
rgds
Sskye
Rgds
Sskye

Hermit

• Joined Feb 2010
Re: To all you' Highlanders and Islanders'
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 10:44:18 am »
Good idea, we have to buy most things from the internet  or wait for a trip down south. I know you should try to buy local but they do take the mickey on prices sometimes. I bought some t towels at 75p each on Todmorden market on a trip home , the  exact same t towel was £ 4.00 up here!!  :o  plus some firms such as Marks and Sparks and a lot of catalogues dont deliver up here at all. When you do find a firm that delivers such as Ascott  and Wares of Knutsford they are a blessing.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS