Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: sheep skin rugs  (Read 3210 times)

shrekfeet

• Joined Sep 2008
sheep skin rugs
« on: September 08, 2009, 09:52:49 am »
I'm having some of my lambs killed soon and want to find out about getting the skins made into rugs. Has anyone done this? Can you explain the process and maybe recommend someone that can do it? thanks

woollyval

• Joined Feb 2008
  • Near Bodmin, Cornwall
    • Val Grainger
    • Facebook
Re: sheep skin rugs
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2009, 08:36:24 pm »
ANYONE   and I mean anyone who wants to know about making their sheep into sheepskins contact Fenland Sheepskin on 01278 427586 and ask for June Tinnion.
I have all my lambs and sheeps skins made into wonderful amazing rugs etc and its not too expensive!
June will tell yuo how to send your skins in phone her well before you slaughter!
www.valgrainger.co.uk

Overall winner of the Devon Environmental Business Awards 2009

Unicorn

Re: sheep skin rugs
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 01:54:23 pm »
I would agree to use the above if you are nearby and can afford it.

We tried one year to cure two sheepskins ourselves, we bought the items needed but
ran into difficulties buying saltpetre initially, cause you can make bombs with it apparently  ::)and
we live in Ireland so they will not sell it to anyone who asks - ( we are not even allowed
fireworks - how sad is that :'( ::)

It was not easy, scraping the back off was hard work, and the cure didn't take too well, ???
after a lot of work and expense we ended up tearing one,  :-[and were not happy with the
other.  ::) If you can get a professional to do it - do it ;D ;D

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS