Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: coming to scotland to visit, interested in unregistered woofing  (Read 26869 times)

guyshulberg

• Joined Jul 2012
Hi,
Ny name is guy shulberg, and I'm coming to Scotland this august and planning on staying till the 12th of October.

I'm not traveling in order to woof, exclusively, but to walk around a lot. But still, woofing for a couple of days, maybe a week, seems like a good way to know Scottish people and stay somewhere.

I haven't made contact through the woof site because im not a member, and not going to declare woofing as a purpose at immigration.

Basically, I'm coming to learn about Scotland through my hands and feet. I'm a good worker, and have manual work experience.

I'll arrive in Scotland from Israel in 13th of August, and I'll be glad if anybody will contact me so i can revise my plans accordingly.

Guy, 24
Jerusalem

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
Re: coming to scotland to visit, interested in unregistered woofing
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2012, 07:33:09 pm »
Good luck with your trip - I hope you like Scotland - sorry only a caravan here which I think is going shortly so I can't help although I would love and extra pair of hands about the place - never short of jobs  :wave:
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

Hermit

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 05:37:41 pm »
I gather woofing is some kind of work for keep idea. Not walking around barking :dunce:  and pretending to be a dog.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 05:43:36 pm »
I gather woofing is some kind of work for keep idea. Not walking around barking :dunce:  and pretending to be a dog.

WWOOF Worldwide Opportunities on Organic Farms www.wwoof.org.uk

We've just joined; Ayeskint, on here sometimes, is a WWOOF host and another couple we're friendly with. Yes, it's work for board and lodging - we've got a couple coming mid August for a few days, then a Russian couple coming later (I think) for a two weeks. They will be staying in our caravan but eating with us. Bit nervous about it but hoping to get some outstanding jobs done with the additional labour  :fc:

Hermit

• Joined Feb 2010
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2012, 05:58:03 pm »
Sounds interesting, some friends of ours run a croft business on a similar idea.
 Sorry I missed you at the show , I did try and find you but the ladies in the cattle tent said you were out and about and I could not recognise you anywhere. Anke came to mine for the afternoon the next day, had a good natter and showed them my little piece of Shetland. Hope you enjoyed Shetland.

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2012, 07:58:13 pm »
Sounds interesting, some friends of ours run a croft business on a similar idea.
 Sorry I missed you at the show , I did try and find you but the ladies in the cattle tent said you were out and about and I could not recognise you anywhere. Anke came to mine for the afternoon the next day, had a good natter and showed them my little piece of Shetland. Hope you enjoyed Shetland.

Loved it - so many coos, so little time. Will post a few pics in the diary as soon as I get a minute. I didn't take many as I forgot the camera and just had my phone.  ::)

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2012, 08:21:19 pm »
Guy, it's not expensive to join WWOOF UK and then you can access the details of all the registered hosts through their website.  I'm not sure why you wouldn't do that. ???
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS