Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: The best thing about having visitors to stay....!  (Read 5557 times)

bucketman

• Joined Sep 2008
  • Sutherland Scotland
Re: The best thing about having visitors to stay....!
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2012, 10:47:33 am »
Just before I was made redundant was showing the lads and lasses in work the estate agent photos of where we planned to move and all said they would come and visit. So while there having a jolly we will be working :(  So may buy a load of diy stuff for them to use  ;)  and they can pay there way
rob
I am going to live the dream

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2012, 11:50:14 am »
But the best bit is watching them drive away again..... :innocent:

My thoughts exactly! Its lovely when guests arrive (with my Tesco order!) but its even lovelier to wave them au revoir. I think that if its just the two of you, it makes you a bit selfish as you just want to please yourselves, doing things when you want to do them, eat when you want to eat etc. The silence is deafening when they have gone :wave:

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2012, 12:04:32 pm »
So while there having a jolly we will be working   So may buy a load of diy stuff for them to use    and they can pay their way
No-one was allowed to stay here in the first three years without working  ;) Actually, it was so different I think they enjoyed it. Even now, my BIL never turns up without his toolbox, bless him  :thumbsup:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2012, 05:51:06 pm »
Maybe I should invite someone to visit.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS