Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: What's everyone up to today?  (Read 82687 times)

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
Re: What's everyone up to today?
« Reply #210 on: September 27, 2012, 06:48:38 am »
I am going to a gift shop near by to take samples and discuss terms - they are interested in stocking locally handmade soap and I got my card in first  ;)  Unfortunately I feel really rubbish with a cold but hey ho!
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

deepinthewoods

« Reply #211 on: September 27, 2012, 07:49:29 am »
good luck plums!
today i have appointments with 3 buisness account managers to see which one is going to offer me the best bank account for my new (improved) buisness.

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #212 on: September 27, 2012, 07:53:51 am »
Good luck to you too DITW - hope you get a good one  :fc:
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

goosepimple

• Joined May 2010
  • nr Lauder, Scottish Borders
« Reply #213 on: September 27, 2012, 11:16:16 am »
Went Christmas shopping today.  This is not me being ultra-organised because I'm not.  My friend is going to Ghana next month to visit mutual friends and offered to take presents out for the three children, the middle one being my goddaughter.  Had a lovely time in Waterstones choosing books for them all. Famous Five for the 8 year old, a sticker book and a book called 'I don't want to go to bed' (very apt) for the 3 years old and the Gruffalo and The Hungry Caterpillar for the baby.

Good choices Mad, my kids loved all those books - my kids are 9 and 11 and still enjoying bedtime Famous Five stories, they just love them.  We have a pygmy goat called Gruffalo because that is exactly what she looks like.

Nice to read your posts again Plums  :hug: [size=78%] - we're on our penultimate bar of soap [/size] :love:
registered soay, castlemilk moorit  and north ronaldsay sheep, pygmy goats, steinbacher geese, muscovy ducks, various hens, lots of visiting mallards, a naughty border collie, a puss and a couple of guinea pigs

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #214 on: September 27, 2012, 04:41:26 pm »
I am going to a gift shop near by to take samples and discuss terms - they are interested in stocking locally handmade soap and I got my card in first  ;)  Unfortunately I feel really rubbish with a cold but hey ho!
Update please Plums. How did it go?

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #215 on: September 27, 2012, 05:04:50 pm »
Ah bless you Mary, thank you! Yes - she was very happy with the samples and we start stocking as of next week! I was nervous so talking 10 to the dozen  ::)
Large opening of a local farm shop for us on Saturday (my sidekick Milli will be helping me) and then time to knuckle down and make some cinnamon/orange soaps and Xmas pudding bath bombs  ;)

Carl f k

• Joined Aug 2012
« Reply #216 on: September 27, 2012, 08:16:33 pm »
Well done plums :thumbsup:

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #217 on: September 27, 2012, 08:30:11 pm »
Ah bless you Mary, thank you! Yes - she was very happy with the samples and we start stocking as of next week! I was nervous so talking 10 to the dozen  ::)
Large opening of a local farm shop for us on Saturday (my sidekick Milli will be helping me) and then time to knuckle down and make some cinnamon/orange soaps and Xmas pudding bath bombs  ;)
Well done that girl. And to think it was only a few weeks ago we were all giving you ideas as to how you could sell your products. Great news!!!!

MAK

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Middle ish of France
    • Cadeaux de La forge
« Reply #218 on: September 27, 2012, 08:30:51 pm »
Today I was mainly making cider.
Bit of a saga as we have no apples ( first time here in 21 years apparently) but we found some by accident about 15 km from us. We collected too many and gave up at 4:00 pm - 25 litres of juice in the bucket. Lovely!
www.cadeauxdelaforge.fr
Gifts and crafts made by us.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #219 on: September 27, 2012, 08:51:46 pm »
Went Christmas shopping today.  This is not me being ultra-organised because I'm not.  My friend is going to Ghana next month to visit mutual friends and offered to take presents out for the three children, the middle one being my goddaughter.  Had a lovely time in Waterstones choosing books for them all. Famous Five for the 8 year old, a sticker book and a book called 'I don't want to go to bed' (very apt) for the 3 years old and the Gruffalo and The Hungry Caterpillar for the baby.

Good choices Mad, my kids loved all those books - my kids are 9 and 11 and still enjoying bedtime Famous Five stories, they just love them.  We have a pygmy goat called Gruffalo because that is exactly what she looks like.

Nice to read your posts again Plums  :hug: [size=78%] - we're on our penultimate bar of soap [/size] :love:

Forgot to mention, I have already read the younger children's books and plan to read the Famous Fives before they go to Ghana.  Use to love those when I was younger.

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #220 on: September 27, 2012, 08:57:22 pm »
 :thumbsup: well done plums.

How did it go ditw?

Well, my exciting day evolved around taking the tiles off the bathroom Walls to discover they were keeping the place up  :o
Rang dad for a jack to keep toilet cistern up on wall he asked if I wanted it brought over, 'yes! Unless you want me to remove my knee from holding the darned thing up! '

That was shortly after the wall fan fell off after a tile was removed, bringing off plaster and exposing brick, and leaving live wires exposed  :innocent:

Aching now, half a room done. Bring on tomorrow...the shower zone. Had better have a plumber on standby  :roflanim:

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #221 on: September 27, 2012, 09:15:12 pm »
Are you sure you ought to take any more tiles off?  If you have paper on your ceiling, whatever you do, don't try taking that down.   ;D

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #222 on: September 27, 2012, 09:25:42 pm »
The ceiling is fine, we renewed it many years ago after the polystyrene tiles were removed exposing a disaster  ::) slowly but surely we will have built a whole new house I'm sure.

We are now very accustomed to wallpaper bringing off the plaster, and woodwormed stairs collapsing as we pulled to see how well attached they were for renewing ( just thanked our lucky stars they were attached to concrete floor so it was unaffected  :relief: )
A rotting cupboard brought part of the ceiling down too when we dismantled it

Father in law is a plasterer thank goodness  :D and oh gas engineer who also has electrical cert. So pretty much covered.  ;D

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #223 on: September 27, 2012, 10:26:31 pm »
At least by the time you have finished you'll know you have a sturdy house.

In my first house, my ex was putting up polystyrene tiles in the dining room, stopped to make a cuppa then heard a crash.  Half the ceiling was lying on the floor.  An investigation showed that it had been repaired at some time with cement.  Pushing the tiles on had obviously loosened it but it could have come down at any time and would have been nasty if anyone had been underneath.  You never know quite what you are buying until you move in.

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #224 on: September 28, 2012, 10:32:46 am »
Oh mummyshaz your renovations sound same as we've had here!! Several rooms with those lovely polystyrene ceiling tiles that are such a huge fire risk that you panic and rip them down soon as you move in only to find chunks of ceiling follow them!
we also found a hammer touching a live wire embedded in the kitchen chimney stack when we raised the lintle to get a range fitted. Daft thing was there was chestnut hair in the brickwork too, loads of it, which I didn't know was commonly used years back in building and I assumed it was a murder weapon. Luckily the plumber caught me ringing the police in tears and panicking and told me  ::)   I stick to making soap nowadays.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS