Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: What's everyone up to today?  (Read 82587 times)

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
What's everyone up to today?
« on: July 24, 2012, 08:41:29 am »
I'm taking my 4 daughters fishing in Oxford (!) then having a BBQ with my dad.  I mentioned to him that one of my lambs has been struck by blowflies and he said "oh that's handy because we'll need meat and maggots Tuesday......" <groan>

So how are you all enjoying the school holidays/sunshine (if you have it!) or are you stuck working (boooo!) 
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
Re: What's everyone up to today?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 08:45:03 am »
i'm heading to Happyhippys for a couple of days working!!!

thankfully the sun has returned this morning...

HappyHippy

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 08:51:17 am »
 ;D
I've got Bloomer coming down for a couple of days  ;)
Mostly, today will be spent trying not to slice the top off my finger (unlike yesterday  ::)) and get organised with smallholder festival stuff.

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 09:01:31 am »
Im keeping myself amused with housework whilst the men start on the new bathroom. Its all very cordial upstairs at the moment, but Im expecting a few blue words by the end of play today, especially with this heat!!

Ina

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Aberdeenshire
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 09:11:32 am »
Just about to go off veg box packing, and then back to where I'm house sitting - keep fingers crossed that it stays dry today, the lawn needs cutting...

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2012, 09:36:01 am »
At the day job this morning, then this afternoon going to get the pigs back out to the fields as its dried up enuff for them to go back out, still sticky in places but not chest deep anymore.
Got 40 foxgloves to plant too but not sure if will get round to them. Supposed to be rabbit proof but we wil have to see! Counted 36 of the little blighters last night at dusk!
mandy :pig:

WaltDisneyWorld

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2012, 10:08:07 am »
Birthday today. My son has given me 2 tortoises, (have wanted tortoises for years), so excited about them, so no doubt will spend most of the day watching them.

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2012, 10:32:54 am »
Well Bingsings, Have a lovely bithday , enjoy the living pasties. :bouquet:

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2012, 11:59:38 am »
Birthday today. My son has given me 2 tortoises, (have wanted tortoises for years), so excited about them, so no doubt will spend most of the day watching them.

Happy birthday!

I'm doing a series of "wee jobs", trying to clear off a bit of the 'To Do' List.

ellied

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Fife
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2012, 12:00:35 pm »
I've spent the morning tackling a bit of jungle garden that isn't productive so rarely gets looked at let alone weeded ::) but I've one nearly recovered chook free ranging to get strength back before going in with the rest, so I felt the urge to help her hunt worms ;) tho she's since gone off to lie in the sun and left me working so when I got light headed I gave up and came indoors for a while..

It is at the stage that it is clear I've started but equally clear there's a long way to go before I finish even that bed, so I' m not sure if that's a good thing or not, maybe selective blindness would have been a better tactic ::)
Barleyfields Smallholding & Kirkcarrion Highland Ponies
https://www.facebook.com/kirkcarrionhighlands/
Ellie Douglas Therapist
https://www.facebook.com/Ellie-Douglas-Therapist-124792904635278/

pikilily

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Do what you enjoy; And enjoy what you do!!
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2012, 12:02:24 pm »
Just finished reweaving a seagrass stool. Going to ride, then pull out the plaited rug I am making that has sat neglected for a year. Weeding, dog walking, see to the sheep.....

Emma T x
If you don't have a dream; how you gonna have a dream come true?

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2012, 12:26:33 pm »
Appointment at Hereford general orthopaedic unit.  :o

lachlanandmarcus

• Joined Aug 2010
  • Aberdeenshire
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2012, 12:35:01 pm »
oooh hope that goes well Tizaala :bouquet:
we are hopefully starting haymaking once OH has put the tractor back together after some tweaking.
and I am continuing to clean the caravan I lived in with the dogs during the house renovation, with a view to my parents being able to use it when they visit (their idea honest but I quite like the idea too....:-))

fairhaven

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Norfolk
    • The Hazy Rainbow
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2012, 01:39:14 pm »
Hi

It's too hot for me here in Norfolk, so the gardening can wait - I'm just keeping an eye on one of our sows that is due to farrow & hoping she can have them at night, away from the flies...
Sheep: North Ronaldsay & 4 Horned Hebridean - We also breed & exhibit 3 breeds of rabbit - Chinchilla, Deilenaar (rare breed) & Colour Pointed English Angora.

thestephens

• Joined Mar 2011
  • aberdeenshire
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2012, 02:14:04 pm »
taking the girls to have their photos taken this afternoon then going to the local butchers tonight for the 3 of us to make sausages!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS