Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Holding number question  (Read 2809 times)

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
Holding number question
« on: July 23, 2012, 01:48:24 pm »
Not sure where to put this so decided to place it in the different animal sections
We have our holding number for this place and a friend has a holding number for his place thats just over 1 mile away. he is going out of the country for a year so we have permission to use his land and buildings .
I was wondering how we go about keeping new animals at his place in our name  . Do we use our holding number with our name, his holding number with our name or his holding number with his name ?
Graham

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
Re: Holding number question
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 02:43:33 pm »
I recently purchased land around 5 miles away, and also rent the paddocks adjoining this land.  I queried the holding number question with  Animal Health, and they confirmed that any land I own, or rent, within a 5 mile radius, you can use my current holding number.  I know for definite that the holding number has to be in your own name, it was just the query of whether I needed another number as well.
So, you will use your own number for your friends land.  They never asked for details address or anything for new land .......Thinking about it many farmers take on summer grazing, maybe two or three different places, so it would be confusing if they had to have different holding numbers for different fields :)

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 02:43:46 pm »
You need to talk to Animal Health Dpt for your area, they are the people to ask . :fc:

wallyward

• Joined Mar 2012
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 03:06:33 pm »
Hi
Believe that as you are within 5 miles you can just use your holding number and no need to complete an AML for movement between the 2 areas as no change of keeper is taking place.

regards

graham-j

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Canterbury Kent
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 05:34:11 pm »
Hi,I rung DEFFRA with similar question and they said the same any land withing a five mile radius.They also said phone my local animal health which I did they then took the address over the phone and updated my paper work.
Just phone them up,they have been extremely helpful when I have spoken with them.

Graham.
Graham.

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2012, 09:56:27 am »
Thanks for that, I better make a call so at least they know about it.
Am I right in thinking that if I buy new livestock and they go direct to friends land I can still use my number ?
Graham

wallyward

• Joined Mar 2012
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2012, 10:05:47 am »
Hi

If you mean on the AML then yes.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS