Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Bit of a catch up and questions about duck incubation-Need a quick response  (Read 2514 times)

Kier

• Joined Jul 2008
Hi guys,havent been on in a while been busy with college and work an stuff.As some of you may know we had a light sussex hen and cockeral and a maran.However the cockeral became very amorous and the injuries sustained to the light sussex hen meant she had to be put down,mainly cause of his spurs.He went to a farm who's cockeral had died.So now we have the maran,A pair of call ducks and we purchased 3 hybrid hens which I don't like that much I prefer my pure breeds.We bought an incubator and it has been set up,we have 12 silver appleyard eggs being delievered tommorow.I have read on the internet that the temp should be 37.5 C,But wherever I look on the internet I'm getting different humidity percentages.Any idea on humidity percentages? On the internet i have found readings of 60,80 40%

Crofter

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Isle of Lewis
  • We'll get there!
    • Ravenstar
Don't know about percentages but we fill both water trays on our Brinsea octagon for duck eggs and it seems to work fine.  Had 80% of the eggs set hatch last time we did ducks.

Dave
Comfortable B&B on a working Croft on the Isle of Lewis. www.Ravenstar.co.uk

Kier

• Joined Jul 2008
from what i can work out i dont have any trays,i have a piece of piping which i have to put into a bottle of water and i have a pump unit inbetween to regulate the amount of humiditiy at the moment its at 30% but i will try working it out from doing a bit more digging around.I really appreciate your help and if all else fails i will most likely just put a dish of water in there for the heat to evaporate to create humidity like i do in my snake tanks.Many thanks,us smallholders gotta stick together lol  :&> :chook:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS