Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Fox Dilema - Update  (Read 2003 times)

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
Fox Dilema - Update
« on: July 19, 2012, 06:36:08 pm »
After making some enquiries I have just had a visit from the huntmaster. He explained that this time of year they don't hunt on horseback but they do go out with guns every couple of weeks.
It will cost me £25 to join which includes cover for their insurance liability.
I am definitely going to join as the hunt interests me anyway because of the horse aspect, and then hopefully they can get rid of Mr/Mrs fox for me before I loose any hens.
Sally
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
Re: Fox Dilema - Update
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2012, 07:17:06 pm »
Well worth it to control this murderous pest
 :thumbsup:

Our hunt does it with raffle tickets , good prizes , First prize A week in Newtown, 2nd prize Two weeks in Newtown  . etc I did win a box of chocolates a couple of years ago, well past the use by and gone white in the box...nice.  :innocent: :innocent:
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 07:22:51 pm by tizaala »

bangbang

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2012, 07:32:26 pm »
Hope it works out for you Bionic, we lost 3 ducklings 2 days ago to a fox, unfortunately we dont have any hunts around here. OH saw it yesterday just 3m from the pond, it ran...stuck a radio in the woods hopefully it doesn't like radio 2.

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2012, 08:08:21 pm »
Bangbang I think you would have been better off with radio 1  ;D ;D
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

bangbang

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2012, 08:46:43 pm »
Bionic I think radio 1 would intise the ducks to throw themselves at the fox! :)
Tomorrow I'm going to use the SKY 'GNOME' speaker and blast out repeats of the ' Jeremy Kyle Show'
that should scare it.....Iets hope.... :fc:

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2012, 08:56:25 pm »
The Jeremy Kyle show certainly  :o me out - hope it works for you  :fc:
We've been getting a right time of it here with the Reynard family - it's an ongoing battle to get all the birds shut in before they start hunting.  We've got 3 male dogs & it doesn't seem to be putting the foxes off at all.
We can understand that they may have young to feed this time of year, but I wish they'd go catch the blasted bunnies that keep nibbling at my veg patch  ::)
Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

Herdygirl

• Joined Sep 2011
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2012, 09:19:39 pm »
We get a marksman in round here, he does it for nothing, but although he clears them out, within a couple of years new foxes moves in....................... it's what they do   >:(

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS