Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: How soon could I use Clik after applying Crovect & can i use the same gun?  (Read 7805 times)

wallyward

• Joined Mar 2012
Hi

Used Crovect on the Ewes last weekend but ran out before I had finished them all so need to do the last few.

But

Thinking now Clik would be better due to length of cover. With the ones thta had crovect how soon could i use the clik on them?

also

Can i use the crovect applicator to apply clik?

thanks in advance

Mallows Flock

• Joined Apr 2012
  • Shepton mallet
    • Somerset Pet Sitting and Dog Walking
Hiya
I just bought a huge bottle of Clik but the agri centre didn't have any Clik guns so I got a FREE Ectofly gun and that works ok! I use the fan spray. Clik is a bit thicker but it goes on ok with the Ectofly gun and it fits exactly the same.
I would wait a month or so personally before using Clik on the Crovect'd ones!
From 3 to 30 and still flocking up!

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
Mallows you were lucky. My clik gun cost me nearly £25 recently
Sally
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

andywalt

• Joined Aug 2010
  • kent
  • observe react administer enjoy !!
    • photos
I use a crovect gun with clik this year I find it the best gun and use it for crovect and clik :)
Suffolk x romneys and Texel X with Romney Tup, Shetlands and Southdown Tup

Castle Farm

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Hereford/Powys Border. near Hay-on-Wye
    • castlefarmeggs
Split the Clix does by 4 and

1 spray down the neck.
2 down the backbone.
3 down the tail.
4 across the bottom.
all on the same animal.
Traditional Utility Breed Hatching Eggs sent next day delivery. Pure bred Llyen Sheep.
www.castlefarmeggs.co.uk  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Utility-Poultry-Keepers/231571570247281

andywalt

• Joined Aug 2010
  • kent
  • observe react administer enjoy !!
    • photos
Crovect lasts 6 weeks so wait until 5.5 weeks and treat with clik that will last for 16 weeks, dontforget to make a note in your flock book
Suffolk x romneys and Texel X with Romney Tup, Shetlands and Southdown Tup

Mallows Flock

• Joined Apr 2012
  • Shepton mallet
Mallows you were lucky. My clik gun cost me nearly £25 recently
Sally
I know!!!!! Apparently Ectofly guns are always free! I have three now!!!  ;D  The reason they charge for the guns, apparently, was to stop farmers using them once, putting them down in the fields, and needing a new free one each time! It was to encourage farmers to look after them better (so I am told by the Novartis Rep!!!!)

Mallows Flock

• Joined Apr 2012
  • Shepton mallet
Crovect lasts 6 weeks so wait until 5.5 weeks and treat with clik that will last for 16 weeks, dontforget to make a note in your flock book
I may be wrong but I thought Crovect lasted up to 6 weeks... and in this weather, I would imagine the efficacy of it would be fairly poor. Do you think much would remain right up to 5.5 weeks? Am not a Crovect user so I am not au fait with this product!

ScotsGirl

• Joined Dec 2009
  • Wiltshire
Crovect supposedly damages the rubber in other guns so shouldn't use with clik gun but I believe clik is safe to use and share gun with wormer as long as washed out well.

I did take a chance on giving my lot a squirt of crovect approx 10 week after clik as it has been so wet then muggy.  I found crovect didn't last more than 4 weeks last year and I kept getting strike.

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Crovect supposedly damages the rubber in other guns
It certainly eats waterproof trousers :o
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

wallyward

• Joined Mar 2012
Hi
Thanks everyone for all the replies.

I will get some Clik and do the ewes that were missed and then do the ones I used the crovect one in about a month.

Good job i can use the crovect gun as I didnt like the thought of buying another gun!

Mallows Flock

• Joined Apr 2012
  • Shepton mallet
I heard lots of people getting strike problems with Crovect last year. I am defo clik-ing this year. Plus I have invested in some face mask thingys as last clik-ing efforts left my chest wheezy and my skin irritated.

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
I heard lots of people getting strike problems with Crovect last year. I am defo clik-ing this year. Plus I have invested in some face mask thingys as last clik-ing efforts left my chest wheezy and my skin irritated.

My husband missed the sheep completely and sprayed my arm with Clik a few weeks ago!!! Am hoping it was not intentional  ;D   horrible stuff though - burnt immediately and this coming from a daft woman who always flicks caustic soda up my wrists when I'm soap making yet I can't feel that anymore!
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS