Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Wanted Small car  (Read 3825 times)

omnipeasant

• Joined May 2012
  • Llangurig , Mid Wales
Wanted Small car
« on: July 18, 2012, 09:47:29 am »
My subaru died recently :( So I am trying to find a small car to replave her. Doesn't have to be 4x4 but needs to be able to climb our steep farm track. Could be a van or hatchback (dogs and lambs go in the back).

Any ideas? I am thinking Ford Ka, Vauxhall Corsa or we could run to a Subaru Forester if not too dear. Doesn't have to be spotless but must have MOT.

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
Re: Wanted Small car
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 10:17:15 am »
You forgot to say AUTOMATIC....

omnipeasant

• Joined May 2012
  • Llangurig , Mid Wales
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2012, 11:40:43 am »
No Tiz it doesn't need to be automatic, just lighter on the clutch than our Diahtsu. Small hatch would be okay. I can drive a subaru legacy for instance.

Small Farmer

• Joined Jan 2012
  • Bedfordshire
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2012, 12:03:16 pm »
A small car for a tough life?  I'd look at the Kia range: it's improved dramatically of late, and comes with a seven year warranty.   

Being certain just means you haven't got all the facts

Roxy

• Joined May 2009
  • Peak District
    • festivalcarriages.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2012, 12:10:13 pm »
My husband has just part ex'd our Toyota Rav 4 in for a Ford Ranger pick up.  We carried all sorts in the Toyota, with the seats down, but realised it was beginning to resemble a car boot sale in transit ....and we needed something bigger!!  It was not new, had a private plate on, but think it was P reg.  But, it ran well, and was automatic too!!

Not actually gone yet, we are still trying to get it looking as nice as when it came from the same garage its going back to .....but have yet to remove all the hay, straw, mud, animal hair and smells from the back :D

I was going to advertise it on here, but then found the garage would take it back,

happy larry

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2012, 09:03:13 pm »
If its within your budget i know of a ford fusion 2, its on an o4 plate 20,000 genuine miles.It used to be driven by a disabled lady but due to ill health hasnt used it for some time,she wants £3000 for it but might take less.if i was in the position i would buy it but unfortunateley im skint

Moleskins

• Joined Sep 2009
  • England
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2012, 10:43:16 pm »
I've had two FREELANDERS second one goes tomorrow and I won't be having a third !!
Time flies like an arrow but fruit flies like a banana.

omnipeasant

• Joined May 2012
  • Llangurig , Mid Wales
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2012, 10:54:03 pm »
Thanks for the replies. No sorry my budget was up to £1000 Happy larry.

Good news though. Went to see a ford Ka van today ( didn't know they existed). Can get muddy dogs, sheep or bags of corn etc in the back, drives like a new car and all for a decent price. I felt sorry for the guy when we knocked the price down and refused to budge, but that comes from watching bargain hunt. " Is that your very best price!!!"  Poppy the JR terrirorist gave it a thorough going over, particularly the tyres and the deal was done.

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2012, 05:55:30 am »
So , Steep farm track, front wheel drive, throw in mud, ice and snow in the winter, a bit of a load in the back , can I come and sell tickets ?

bangbang

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2012, 06:03:12 am »
With all this rain we're having would a Ford Kanoe not be a good choice? :)

Small Farmer

• Joined Jan 2012
  • Bedfordshire
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2012, 09:07:28 pm »
Oh dear!
Being certain just means you haven't got all the facts

omnipeasant

• Joined May 2012
  • Llangurig , Mid Wales
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2012, 11:26:53 pm »
Oh yea of little faith Tizaala.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS