Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Free pigs  (Read 8079 times)

kitchen cottage

Free pigs
« on: July 15, 2012, 08:41:49 am »
http://www.freeads.co.uk/uk/freestuff/buy__sell/pets/farm,_smallholding__livestock/pigs/16186369/micro-x-kuney-kune-pigs/view

House pigs?  really? 

Its amazing how many "micro pigs" in need of homes there are....

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
Re: Free pigs
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 08:55:12 am »
 :o  :o.  The photo gives the totally wrong impression of these pigs  >:(

Hope they get somebody who will give them a decent pigs life and not some other stupid ass who think they can keep it as the picture suggests.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 08:58:08 am by Mammyshaz »

robert waddell

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2012, 09:14:46 am »
there is nothing micro about these pigs      just another mug that has fallen for the trend and the cuttsie factor :farmer:

Gary

• Joined Nov 2008
  • axminster
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2012, 11:07:48 am »
I scan alot of adverts for pigs and it really grinds my gears seeing these "micro pigs" advertised, the money they ask for is a scandal so many people have jumped on the band wagon.

kitchen cottage

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2012, 11:46:53 am »
sadly.... I did think they were almost right for a small hog roast..... You get the feeling that she's moving the problem by suggesting these are domesticated.

melodrama

• Joined Jun 2011
  • Forfar
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2012, 12:17:09 pm »
Oh dear - I fear there are always going to be gullible people out there willing to fall on this bandwagon!

nelson

• Joined Jan 2011
    • lelogisfrance
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2012, 12:33:25 pm »

HappyHippy

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2012, 12:59:25 pm »
I'm not even starting this one again  :-X  :innocent: 
It's appalling  >:(

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2012, 03:44:59 pm »
i thought the same about hog roast...

am i a naughty boy?  ;D ;D ;D :pig: :pig: :pig: ;D ;D ;D

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2012, 03:53:30 pm »
Oh dear ... when will folks wake-up to this  ???
Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

YorkshireLass

• Joined Mar 2010
  • Just when I thought I'd settled down...!
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2012, 05:35:37 pm »
That size at 6 months is hardly "micro"  :-\

Why would you give them away instead of having yourself some sausages??

oaklandspigs

• Joined Nov 2009
  • East Sussex
    • OaklandsPigs
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2012, 05:42:23 pm »
Why would you give them away instead of having yourself some sausages??
So maybe the heading should be "free sausages"!
www.Oaklandspigs.co.uk
"Perfect Pigs" the complete guide to keeping pigs; One Day Pig Courses in South East;
Weaners for sale - Visit our site for details

kitchen cottage

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2012, 06:22:32 pm »
I'm the chairman of our local city farm.   We got given a "micro" pig from a TV programme, The Only Way is Essex (its in Harlow)..... he was a "micro" pig...... He weighs 108kilos..... we did a "guess the weight" at one of our fun days..  Oh, and he's got a horrible temperament

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2012, 07:16:22 pm »
I'm the chairman of our local city farm.   We got given a "micro" pig from a TV programme, The Only Way is Essex (its in Harlow)..... he was a "micro" pig...... He weighs 108kilos..... we did a "guess the weight" at one of our fun days..  Oh, and he's got a horrible temperament
You've said it all KC & actually 108kilos is fairly small for a "micro"  ::)  He's definately an "advert" for the reality of this ridiculous craze  >:( :(
 :love: :pig: :love:
Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

Burrwoodfm

• Joined Apr 2012
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2012, 12:32:10 pm »
Two of our Kune's were originally sold as micro house pigs to their original owners. Luckily for them, they ended up with us leading proper piggie lives. I do know our the biggest one was owned by an alcoholic lady who used to take him to bed with her  :o  :o :innocent:
I guess it takes all sorts. Anyway, he seems to have reverted to Piggie lifestyle very well!
I think much of the problem with pigs as house pets is that when people hear micro pig they think "Babe" size and staying that size. Most people have never actually stood next to a commercial fully grown pig of any breed to see how enormous they really are. They don't understand that Kune size is actually relatively small for a pig!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS