Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Blind date Disasters.  (Read 5680 times)

Castle Farm

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Hereford/Powys Border. near Hay-on-Wye
    • castlefarmeggs
Blind date Disasters.
« on: July 13, 2012, 09:19:21 am »
Thought this subject may be worth a few posts.

A good few years ago I was on my own and thought I'd put one of those adds in a local paper in wanted SWF (single white female)

I had a reply and arranged to meet the lady in a pub not far from where I lived in Cornwall.

I got to the pub early and it was full of tourists having an evening out. I waited for a while and then the pub fell silent, except for a voice from one of the tables that said OMG.

I turned around (I was standing at the bar) and the lady I was waiting for stood there. She had on (almost) a black leather skirt, more like a wide belt than a skirt. Her top was at least 3 sizes to small and how the hell the buttons held in her more than ample figure god alone knows. She had on fishnet tight (I assume) that may have been knocked up by a guy mending nets in Falmouth harbour.

She was quite drunk and fell over one of the bar stools on her way over to me. She said on the phone she was blond and 49, but looked more like 60+ and the roots were really showing through.

I felt like a rabbit caught in some headlights and felt a panic sweep over me.

I asked if she wanted a drink and she ordered a pint of cider with a brandy in it.
I ordered a brandy without the cider.

It took me an hour before I mad an excuse and left and in that time she fell off the stool twice.

I never dated again and can still feel the hair on my neck stand up when I think abaout it.
Traditional Utility Breed Hatching Eggs sent next day delivery. Pure bred Llyen Sheep.
www.castlefarmeggs.co.uk  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Utility-Poultry-Keepers/231571570247281

the great composto

Re: Blind date Disasters.
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 10:04:10 am »
Shame on you - you should never judge a book by its cover (chortles) - she was probably a very nice lady (hehe) who felt lucky (chokes) to get away from you so easily.  :innocent:

MAK

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Middle ish of France
    • Cadeaux de La forge
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 10:24:28 am »
I had one with an American Indian who told me she was "curvey". We were to meet outside a curry house and as I drove past in the dark and rain I saw these 2 massive figures under umbrellas. It was she and her massive daughter who left us.
She sat on 2 ( yes 2) chairs opposite me and I started to work on my excuse to leave ( back pain). She ate for the USA so I did not have the heart to leave whilst their was food left so I had to listen to her saucy suggestions to cure my back pain. Worst of all was when she started to sweat when she finished my hot curry but could not remove one of the tents she wore.  Curvey my a--- , she could have been on one of those shock TV progs re gastric banding.

www.cadeauxdelaforge.fr
Gifts and crafts made by us.

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 10:26:18 am »
Sounds like my ex , in which case you had a lucky escape..... :innocent:

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 10:35:10 am »
Something tells me I'm going to love this thread. I'm just sorry that I won't be able to contrtibute as I dont think I've ever had a blind date.
Thanks so much for starting this Castle Farm, you and MAK have given me a right good chortle this morning.

Mary.

suziequeue

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Llanidloes; Powys
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2012, 11:52:21 am »
I did a lot of online dating before meeting my current husband in 2008. I have to say that I never experienced the scenarios described and I must have had 100 or so blind dates.

I used Times Online and Match.com and everybody I met was "normal" and looked like their profile shots.

I had some great times and met some lovely guys.
We do the best we can with the information we have

When we know better we do better

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2012, 12:17:12 pm »
I went on one once . She was a lovely lady apart from every few minutes she would burst into song , singing things like 'anyone who had a heart ' , ' you're my world' or 'something tells me' . Yes Cilla was a nice lady , but not for me .

deepinthewoods

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2012, 12:31:17 pm »
 :D

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2012, 12:38:03 pm »
I went on a blind date in August 1999. I married him!
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2012, 12:49:44 pm »
Nice one Russ!

I had a blind date once when I was at Uni.  Sadly though, she'd obviously built up expectations in advance that I could never possibly fulfil, so it was the 'flattest' evening ever. I also had problems with her accent - when she said she was from Surrey, I couldn't work out why she was apologizing!!
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2012, 02:33:28 pm »

:love:

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2012, 02:35:21 pm »

i went on a blind date in may 1999 and ended up married to her 15 months later, we now have 4 kids!!!

haven't yet decided whether it was a success :-)

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2012, 03:07:15 pm »
I did a fair bit of internet dating before I met my OH.
One told me he was tall and dark with an athletic build. We agreed to meet in the pub car park. I saw this skinny, weedy man about 5' nothing and ignored him, still waiting for my athlete to arrive. When skinny man approached I was tempted to run. I am not the nasty type so we went to have the agreed meal and he hardly said a word. I kept the whole conversation going until I could think of an excuse to leave early.
He contacted me online when I got home and said what a fantastic evening he had and could we meet again........how can I put this kindly
I met another in a pub on a Sunday lunchtime.  He told me to wear something nice. Conscious of the time of day I put on a shortish but smart skirt and a pretty top. He looked like he was still in his pyjamas. Whatever it was he was wearing was creased to bits.  Another hasty retreat.

Oh, I have plenty more but thats enough for now

Sally

Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2012, 10:13:21 am »

Same here!
Oh no, in 2000 actually (oops!)  set up by a mutual acquaintance ... the rest is history ;)
Little Blue

LouiseG

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Appleby-in-Westmorland
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2012, 09:39:39 pm »

Same here!
Oh no, in 2000 actually (oops!)  set up by a mutual acquaintance ... the rest is history ;)

Same here in 1989.  :thumbsup: :love:
So many ideas, not enough hours

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS