Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Pig Keeping Course - Saturday 28th July - Lesmahagow, Lanark  (Read 2445 times)

HappyHippy

Hiya folks  :wave:

We're running a course on Saturday 28th of July and have a few spaces left if anyone fancies it?

You'll learn all the basics you need to see you through raising weaners for the freezer or keeping longer term outdoor 'pet' pigs  :thumbsup:
We'll cover;
Legislation and paperwork.
Practical preparations (land, fencing, arcs etc).
Feeding and costs of keeping pigs.
Health care & moving/handling.
Preparing for slaughter and what to expect back or, in the case of pet pigs, long term health care.
And lots more besides  :thumbsup:
You'll also get hands on experience with a range of pigs (and plenty of piglets  ;D) and learn how to jag, tag, weigh them using a piece of string (yes, really) and how to check them over physically, as well as plenty of chances for cuddling piglets and taking photo's.

We'll be serving a lovely lunch of home reared pork (or alternative veggie option if required) and plenty of tea, coffee and home baking to keep you going through the day.
Start time 10am, expecting to finish around 4.30pm. You'll get a course manual to take away with all the information that'll have been covered for you to refer back to, so you don't need to worry about trying to remember it (there's lots of content  ;))
You'll need wellies and waterproofs and a camera is never a bad idea.

Drop me a pm or email me at kkjmckay@aol.com I'll do a discount for TAS members  :thumbsup:
Karen  :wave:

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
Re: Pig Keeping Course - Saturday 28th July - Lesmahagow, Lanark
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 12:21:11 am »
Can I come for your home-baking please Karen?  ;D
Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS