Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: economic collapse (maybe even worse)  (Read 8353 times)

dreamer

• Joined Apr 2009
  • ilkeston derbyshire
Re: economic collapse (maybe even worse)
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2009, 12:15:24 pm »
Crofter
Its in our plans to make a trip to Lewis, was looking again this morning before i came on here. there is a plot of land for sale with a ruin on it, no services and it says its remote not sure if we could go that far but my OH is very good with practical things and a brain box as far as energy and engineering is concerned, plus we have very little money to spend so thats the biggest influence. By the way tried the chocolate cake recipe last night its brill and so easy.

Regarding the economic collapse my OH says that he is in no doubt that should resources dry up the big fuel companies have got it sorted already and will bring out their alternatives to enable them to keep their powerful positions.

Crofter

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Isle of Lewis
  • We'll get there!
    • Ravenstar
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2009, 02:28:50 pm »
Hi Dreamer

Beware of buying a croft.  A tenancy is better as grants are automatic and you can pass the tenancy on to a blood relative without needing approval. Our rent for 4.5 acres is £22 a year!  There is still, I believe, a £27,000 grant to build a house on a registered croft if one does not exist on it presently.  Where abouts are they calling "remote"?

Dave
Comfortable B&B on a working Croft on the Isle of Lewis. www.Ravenstar.co.uk

dreamer

• Joined Apr 2009
  • ilkeston derbyshire
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2009, 05:04:33 pm »
Sent you a messagee Crofter forgot where i was on here, just to say where the place was but on second thoughts its not got much land, would be interested in learning more about croft rental and leases will have a look about, any pointers appreciated.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS