Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Wet time!  (Read 11135 times)

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
Re: Wet time!
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2012, 11:11:12 pm »
Hope everyone is drying out fine today  :thumbsup:  the photos are amazing before and after shots 

Good luck for the testing Bramblecot  :fc:

Tilly

• Joined Jan 2011
  • "Possibilities and miracles mean the same thing"
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2012, 07:39:41 am »

Gosh  :o ,

Hazelwood , excellent photos :thumbsup:  ,I guess that's called  flash flooding - good job the sheep had a hill to get up  ;D .

Bramblecot, I`m wondering now  ???  -what are your sheep being tested for?

Tilly  :wave: 

Haylo-peapod

• Joined Mar 2012
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2012, 11:43:34 am »
So relieved your flock is OK Hazelwood.
Any idea how other GFD in the South West fared?

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2012, 11:55:04 am »
WOW great pictures, glad its better now but more rain on the way I fear.

Mel Rice

• Joined Sep 2011
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2012, 12:30:09 pm »
Just so you dont think you are alone weve had lots of rain here too. Not as bad as the flood a couple of years ago (3 million euros+ of Dammage in this village alone)  But still everthing is rather soggy. My veg patch paths have all fllooded...it went over the top of one of my muckboots yesterday whe I went to pick raspberries.

Hazelwood Flock

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Dorset.
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2012, 05:18:44 pm »
I'm waiting to hear how other flocks in the westcountry fared, the south hams were badly hit.
Not every day is baaaaaad!
Pedigree Greyface Dartmoor sheep.

Haylo-peapod

• Joined Mar 2012
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2012, 09:19:09 am »
It's a real worry - let us know if you hear anything. Hoping everyone managed to get their stock on high ground  :fc:

Hazelwood Flock

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Dorset.
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2012, 10:16:36 am »
We're still on flood watch in the area as groundwater flooding is occurring, dormant springs are now flowing again! and there's more heavy rain forecast for thursday  :o . It's raining now!

Haylo-peapod

• Joined Mar 2012
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2012, 10:28:58 am »
Good luck Hazelwood - hope you and the sheep manage to weather the storm!

How are your carpentry skills? Is it time to start thinking about building an ark?

Bramblecot

• Joined Jul 2008
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2012, 06:45:06 pm »
Thanks for the good wishes - testing is on the brucellosis thread.   
There is flooding and small landslips all round the area and I'm just glad our house is at the top of a hill  ::) Our fields are waterlogged but the sheep were all in the home field - because of the testing - so we were lucky there.  We have lost most of our hay crop this year but the sheep are so fat on all the grass they probably won't need much  ;D .  Will be asking for waders at Christmas!

feldar

• Joined Apr 2011
  • lymington hampshire
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2012, 10:55:11 am »
Hope you're ok down there Bramblecot, you've caught more rain than we did, but OH was working trying to do a fencing job in Templecoombe Somerset and he got soaked poor thing.
Hope testing goes ok
Out of interest what do they do if you get a reactor?

Bramblecot

• Joined Jul 2008
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2012, 06:53:53 pm »
Call for the men in white suits :o :o .  We did have a very interesting chat about SBV though ;)

Meanwhile I am devising a wellie boot for sheep :sheep: - more rain due tomorrow.  OH is out at the moment  :innocent: :innocent: collecting hardcore for our track - washed down off the hills.  Council cleared the landslide in the village, only for it to slip again!  Maybe we should not be on top of the hill :-\ :-\ , at least we will still end up in our own garden if we have a slip.

Hazelwood Flock

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Dorset.
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2012, 10:19:51 pm »
The cows I milk are in at night now, they don't usually come in until november! I've told my sheep to keep on high ground tomorrow....hope they were listening!

Hazelwood Flock

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Dorset.
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2012, 09:40:53 pm »
It's been raining all day and the rivers are up again, the sheep have been fed and have gone back up on the hill. I live 2 miles away so will be out to check again later - have just heard Netherbury is being swamped again. At least I managed to see the Olympic torch in Bridport today, poor girl was wet through, but her smile lit up the town!

Yealmpton show have cancelled, and Honiton have postponed until 30th august...how many more shows will fall victim to this relentless weather? (well here in the 'wet'country anyway!)

feldar

• Joined Apr 2011
  • lymington hampshire
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2012, 08:51:03 am »
Well The New Foest Show has to go on, cause the Queen is coming they announced on the Radio.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS