Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: FAO Rosemary, just a thought ..  (Read 1976 times)

Remy

• Joined Dec 2011
FAO Rosemary, just a thought ..
« on: July 11, 2012, 08:53:32 am »
would it be worth having 'child boards' under this forum, such as novice sheepkeepers, health, breeding, showing etc and maybe general for those subjects that don't fit anywhere?  It's just that I've noticed the same questions cropping up time and again and the many threads on the subject get lost.  It would make it easier for reference, but if it's too difficult to setup please ignore!  :)
1 horse, 2 ponies, 4 dogs, 2 Kune Kunes, a variety of sheep

Dan

• The Accidental Smallholder
  • Administrator
  • Joined Oct 2007
  • Carnoustie, Angus
    • The Accidental Smallholder
    • Facebook
Re: FAO Rosemary, just a thought ..
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 02:52:11 pm »
That's a very good idea. :thumbsup:

We've got sub-boards (no longer called child boards, that label caused some confusion) on the Marketplace and Coffee Lounge, but it makes a lot of sense to have them on the more popular livestock boards too.

I'll have a look through the recent history and will try to come up with a list of relevant sub-boards, at the right level. We don't want them to be too obscure, otherwise you can see the tumbleweed, but at the same time we don't want to drain all of the subjects from the main board.

Will start with sheep, watch this space, and anyone who wants to contribute with suggestions please do.  :)

Dan

Mallows Flock

• Joined Apr 2012
  • Shepton mallet
    • Somerset Pet Sitting and Dog Walking
Re: FAO Rosemary, just a thought ..
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 07:10:22 pm »
That sounds like a good plan.... maybe have sub-sets for lambing, worming, typical illness advice, shearing, showing etc. That way, if one needs specific advice or has a specific interest in a particular issue, it is easy to reference if a relevant board is available! I like the idea :o)
From 3 to 30 and still flocking up!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS