Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Shetland pony exercise trap for sale. South Shropshire.  (Read 4054 times)

Brijjy

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Mid Wales
Shetland pony exercise trap for sale. South Shropshire.
« on: July 05, 2012, 11:48:11 am »
The trap has only been used once and then stored in a shed. It belongs to my dad who doesn't have any ponies small enough to fit it. He is looking for £200 for it. If you would like pics please email me and I'll go and take a few  ;)
Silly Spangled Appenzellers, Dutch bantams, Lavender Araucanas, a turkey called Alistair, Muscovy ducks and Jimmy the Fell pony. No pig left in the freezer, we ate him all!

colliewoman

• Joined Jul 2011
  • Pilton
  • Caution! May spontaneously talk rabbits!
Re: Shetland pony exercise trap for sale. South Shropshire.
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 12:01:26 pm »
Would it be suitable for an Anglo Nubian goat, who seriously needs to start earning her keep?  :D
We'll turn the dust to soil,
Turn the rust of hate back into passion.
It's not water into wine
But it's here, and it's happening.
Massive,
but passive.

Bring the peace back

Brijjy

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 12:06:29 pm »
Quite possibly. I'll go up to dads a bit later today and take a few measurements and a few photos. Hope this helps.
Silly Spangled Appenzellers, Dutch bantams, Lavender Araucanas, a turkey called Alistair, Muscovy ducks and Jimmy the Fell pony. No pig left in the freezer, we ate him all!

Brijjy

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 05:30:59 pm »
I've taken measurements and the height from the ground to the shafts is 25". The width of the narrowest gap between the shafts is 16" and the length of the shafts is 48".

omnipeasant

• Joined May 2012
  • Llangurig , Mid Wales
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 07:08:27 pm »
I think you need a four wheel cart for a goat. Might suit my donkeys but £200 seems a bit expensive now I have seen it. How about £100.

colliewoman

• Joined Jul 2011
  • Pilton
  • Caution! May spontaneously talk rabbits!
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 11:35:24 pm »
I shall measure the oaf tomorrow, though I have a horrible feeling she is wider than the 16 inches :-[
She is one FAT goat ::)
We'll turn the dust to soil,
Turn the rust of hate back into passion.
It's not water into wine
But it's here, and it's happening.
Massive,
but passive.

Bring the peace back

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2012, 03:44:26 pm »
too far, we need one for our part bred american miniature who is getting fatter  on fresh air
Graham

Sbom

• Joined Jul 2012
  • Staffordshire
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2012, 10:40:09 pm »
Don't suppose he would want to swap it for a slightly bigger one? We have one but it's a tad big for a 10hh pony, more suited to a 12-13hh I think. We are in Staffordshire near the Shropshire border  :eyelashes:

NigelsLiveoutLover

• Joined Apr 2012
  • Scottish Borders
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2012, 02:28:06 pm »
Although we are in Scotland, we do get down to Shropshire. This may be ideal for our stockyShetlandgelding . The measurements seem to fit him

Doesit come with any harness ?

I would love to see photos .

Brijjy

• Joined Sep 2010
  • Mid Wales
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2012, 08:43:41 pm »
I'm afraid it doesn't come with harness, sorry. The old boy has got far too many carts and horse paraphanalia so no swaps thanks. It is grubby as it's been sat in a shed but it has only been used about twice.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS