Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: duck finisher pellets  (Read 2256 times)

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
duck finisher pellets
« on: July 03, 2012, 04:51:02 pm »
just found out that these exist - does anyone use them and from what age of duckling? Mine's been raised on porridge for 3 weeks as I didn't want to give chick crumbs and I have also put wheat in for mum.  :&>

kaz

• Joined Jul 2008
  • Ceredigion
  • Dust yourself off when life throws you down.
Re: duck finisher pellets
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 06:32:32 pm »
I use the Smallholder range of Goose/Duck Finisher which they have had since about 4 weeks old and they are looking great. :&>
Penybont Ryelands. Ystwyth Coloured Ryelands.  2 alpacas, 2 angora goats, 2 anglo nubian kids, 3golden retrievers a collie and a red fox labrador retriever, geese, ducks & chickens.

Beeducked

• Joined Jan 2012
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 07:18:58 pm »
I use the same and they always do really well on them.

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 07:50:43 pm »
trouble is that I was hoping to let her (there is hope it's a girl  ::) ) run with the adults soon as mum is getting very restless, a bit of a waste of these pellets (as they all eat the same). Maybe it's too early. If I give these, mum will probably eat them, too, will that be a problem? :&>

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 07:56:59 pm »
Mum will probably love them  :yum:  We used D&H for ours & they were still on it when they started laying, then the bl**dy fox got 'em  :'(
Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2012, 11:01:19 am »
What a shame, Beewyched!

Will it be ok if the chooks eat the these duck pellets? they are all in the same space and eat from the same feeders... ::) :&>

CameronS

• Joined Aug 2009
  • North East Fife
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2012, 01:27:15 pm »
my ducklings (fingers crossed they turn up - i have a broody duck somewhere in the bushes outside the garden returning home for food around half 8 at night and buggering off again for another hours) will probably just be fed on chick crumbs - everyother duckling i have had has turned out allright would it be best if i didn't?  :&>

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2012, 01:48:36 pm »
Fingers crossed, that all turns out with plenty of girl ducklings for you, Cameron! I just have the one (mum gave up and let the other live egg die :( ). Wish me luck that it's a girl.... Looks like an IR and I fed it on porridge up to now, time to move it on. Some chick crumbs do contain an antibiotic I think that's bad for ducklings and I have no packaging to check with the ones I have, so I decided not to give those. :&>

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS