Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Sudden onset of Stress.......  (Read 3934 times)

MrRee

• Joined Jan 2008
Sudden onset of Stress.......
« on: April 29, 2009, 03:14:21 pm »
Me,not the sheep!!! Ok so, about to get a ewe and her twins (m&f) in the next day or two,just waiting on them having their 2nd BT jab. I have a field shelter,fresh water, straw and an acre of grass with some shade from numerous trees. Vet sorted,fencing all checked........ what am I missing???   Salt/Mineral lick? The neighbour doesn't use one,but then again,this is France!    Help please!   ...... Ree
They don’t join cliques — more times than not, they stand alone — but they recognize and gravitate towards one another. Only warriors understand other warriors.

shetlandpaul

• Joined Oct 2008
Re: Sudden onset of Stress.......
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 03:50:44 pm »
A swimming pool. You have everything dont worry we have sheep on the hill tops all year and they are ok. Have you checked for any hole pit ect. we had one drown in a whole half there size. watchout for any nasty plants yew, ragwort ect.

pegusus pig

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Anglesey, North wales
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 03:59:13 pm »
........ what am I missing???   

A glass of wine? sound like you have everything sorted. Good luck. :sheep: ;D ;D

MrRee

• Joined Jan 2008
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2009, 04:00:48 pm »
Am sat in the swimming pool with my laptop and glass of wine waiting for the sheep to join me!   Thanks peeeps!
They don’t join cliques — more times than not, they stand alone — but they recognize and gravitate towards one another. Only warriors understand other warriors.

sandy

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2009, 04:05:51 pm »
I'm sat at my computer in my coat with some Tunnacks chocolate tea cakes as I am feeling down too....You will soon have some lovely Lambs, you have done all you can now just wait ;)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2009, 05:47:35 pm »
Hey, Sandy - what's up!  Go across to the Co-op and get the Alloa Advertiser and look at me!  That'll cheer you up - seeing a fatty in print.  You can have a laugh at my expense!
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

sandy

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2009, 06:42:46 pm »
Saw it, read te article, you look fine, a nice photo of you overlooking our house and train line. I have tried to be positive today but we are owed some money AGAIN!!!! they are giving us stalling tacktics and I have this feeling we will not get the money and, I feel crap and I went around to the garage all guns balzing, he said he will not charge for anything and has contacted this other chap in Bonny bridge to do the job!!!!!!! I don't think he has done anything although someone told us he had, the other garage was asked ages ago and he did not do the stuff that was required.....it all goes on and on and my hands are tied....

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS