Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: 1st egg today  (Read 3130 times)

xxmillyxx

• Joined Jan 2009
  • East Yorkshire
1st egg today
« on: April 29, 2009, 12:54:26 pm »
Just got my 1st egg today - soo happy - didn't expect one so soon after getting them.  Picked them up 19.04.2009.

All the chickens are wandering about the place now and seem happy - the dogs have got used to them, although the chickens appear to be having fun chasing the little dog if he get too close.  The big one just sitting there while they peck him.

Hopefully many more eggs to come now. 

shetlandpaul

• Joined Oct 2008
Re: 1st egg today
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 12:59:30 pm »
congrats how are you eating it. :yum:

carl

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 02:14:34 pm »
Magic. ;D :chook:

IainW

• Joined Apr 2009
  • Brittany
    • Honest SEO & Internet Marketing Services
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 11:45:10 am »
I don't know about you guys but I still see eggs as a miracle, however many times I pick the eggs up I'm still in dismay, when I take the eggs into our house it's like Xmas.

I still can't get the hens to date stamp the eggs like you get in supermarkets ;D

Iain
www.ibwsolutions.co.uk (SEO & Internet Marketing Experts) www.williamsholidays.com (European Family Holidays) www.self-catering-holiday-forum.com (Holiday Chat)      Everyone's entitled to my opinion!

jameslindsay

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Nr St Andrews, Fife
  • "Blossom" one of my Pygmy Goats
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 11:51:28 am »
You are very lucky if your eggs are clean enough to see or not see a date stamp ha haha. My ducks eggs are so damned dirty even when they have the cleanest of beds they manage to get them covered in muck!

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 06:11:15 pm »
My 3 are quite determined that they should have their potential kids outside - they lay in the mud at the side of their duckshed! :o
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS