Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: sydonic cycles  (Read 6976 times)

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
Re: sydonic cycles
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2009, 12:48:03 am »
Sorry, no offence intended but I really can't see this being relevant in growing veg.
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

hexhammeasure

• Joined Jun 2008
    • golocal food
    • Facebook
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2009, 06:38:50 am »
we use the 'system' a week after the last full moon in april to start planting out tubers and roots and the week after the last full moon in may to plant out bedding plants this way we USUALLY miss the hard frosts
Ian

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2009, 02:49:41 pm »
I wouldn't just put it down as nonsense. A lot of folk work with the biodynamic method and say their crops are healthier, bigger and less prone to get pests than ordinary organic crops.  For that alone it's worth a go but I find it hard enough to get everything done anyway so much depending on the weather...The best planting calendar is by Maria Thun, which also gives good advice about companion planting etc. :&>

Birdie Wife

• Joined Oct 2008
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2009, 02:06:55 pm »
Have to say that I have used it as well, after reading around it a bit first.  I'm not any kind of hippy or new age type, I am a scientist with a cynical edge, but there does seem to be something in it.  The moon has a big effect on tides, so it's not a huge leap really to think about the way the moon's phases affect the water in plants and roots.

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2009, 02:54:40 pm »
the 'system'  is a good method as the moon control water , Water is need as one of the elements of plant growth . If you can get your head around the science bit then it is okay. It's just to timing i find difficult as i have a very busy schedule sometimes and then quite other times so i find it difficult to get them at the right time.

I think the system is best for people who have regular schedule.
Linz

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS