Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: nissan terrano 3 litre  (Read 2910 times)

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
    • Allt Y Coed Farm and Campsite
nissan terrano 3 litre
« on: June 26, 2012, 11:23:25 pm »
The OH has a nissan terrano 3 litre and its been running a bit wierd.  Its only a red farm dog, its used by everyone, and as normally happens with equipment that everyone uses - the next time I have to use it, its f***** somehow.

This thing smokes and smells like a fairground generator, white smoke with mostly diesel vapour in it.  Doesnt sound like its missing - its got a rotary pump, all injectors when loose seem to have the same fuel and pressure.  I have checked the turbo hoses and pressure.

It wont rev over 1500 but has torque all the way to that - I cant think what the hell is wrong - probably some dodgy sensor.

Has anyone got any ideas.

When I drive it people cheer cos they think the red arrows are coming - they sit and wait for the red and blue smoking cars coming.

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
Re: nissan terrano 3 litre
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 08:40:45 am »
My old Trooper started to smoke a bit and then  kept running when you turned it off , then it would accelerate on its own, turned out it was the turbo feeding off the sump oil, could this be the start of the same thing?

robert waddell

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 09:20:31 am »
compression    valves     turbo     mas air sensor if it is disconnected and runs the same that is what is wrong
does it start alright          oil bypassing the rings       that is just for starters   oh and head gasket  :farmer:

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2012, 07:24:04 pm »
gona try and blow the air sensor hoses through tonight me thinks - cheers.

just gota put the pump back together on this fricking tractor - I know mechanics, but ll this electronic s**t does me fricking head in ;)

mab

• Joined Mar 2009
  • carmarthenshire
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 10:48:30 pm »
It wont rev over 1500 but has torque all the way to that

An old lorry I drove years ago did this when the fuel filter clogged up - 'rev-limit' dropped fairly quickly over the course of the day and the next day it wouldn't start.

put a new filter in and it was right as rain.
marcus

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2012, 12:18:51 am »
Think I'll 'reknew' the filters too with a bucket of meths mixed with diesel and a bit of banging :)

bazzais

• Joined Jan 2010
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2012, 12:19:51 am »
Probably bang the filter and a huge lump of clay falls out -- -

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS