Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: nipple drinkers  (Read 2907 times)

harry

• Joined Mar 2009
nipple drinkers
« on: June 24, 2012, 08:24:21 pm »
anyone tried these...ebay Item number: 330748741281 or Item number: 330743664600     i want to install one into a large plastic water tank
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 08:33:30 pm by harry »

Marsbar

• Joined Jun 2011
Re: nipple drinkers
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 09:34:25 pm »
Hi not tried these but have just got the 2.5ltr auto drinkers from Supplies for Smallholders and they seem very good. :fc:

Richard

Richard
from Sheffield now in Chesterfield

JT

• Joined Jun 2012
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 03:26:01 am »
I have used the metal nipples on rain barrels and they work great. I retired from lugging water and use a preasureized nipple drinker now. To get your pigs to learn how it works simply put a little peanut butter on the nipple and most pigs figure it out. However like people some pigs take longer to learn.

HappyHippy

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 08:23:18 am »
We use nipple drinkers - the Kunekunes got the idea far quicker than the Large Blacks (who still refuse to use them, even with the liberal application of jam  ::) ) They're great and stop your water troughs getting minging, but do check daily that it's working and water is flowing well because they can get a wee bit clogged from time to time - but are really easy to strip down and clean  :thumbsup:
HTH
Karen

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 07:18:30 pm »
Hi,

If buying from ebay from a far east supplier, just check the sellers reputation and be awaye of import times and duties that may be payable.

Sometimes better to buy from a UK supplier and pay a couple of pounds more  :bunny:
www.suppliesforsmallholders.co.uk - Safe Secure shopping for all your livestock equipment and supplies.
Also www.suppliesforfarmers.co.uk for more larger farm related items

harry

• Joined Mar 2009
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2012, 08:43:26 pm »
i agree but ive looked on SS but no nipple drinkers????

www.suppliesforsmallholders.co.uk - Safe Secure shopping for all your livestock equipment and supplies.
Also www.suppliesforfarmers.co.uk for more larger farm related items

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS