Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Passiv systems  (Read 3502 times)

Small Farmer

• Joined Jan 2012
  • Bedfordshire
Passiv systems
« on: June 24, 2012, 09:55:03 pm »
Has anyone any experience of http://www.passivsystems.com/Homes.aspx

We have a clever boiler linked to solar thermal plus solar PV and it's all very good but very complicated to drive.  If our kit had been installed in an office someone would have been sent on a course to learn how to configure and control it.  As it stands I know I'm not getting the best from what I have, but constant fine-tuning isn't feasible either.
Being certain just means you haven't got all the facts

julian.alder

• Joined Jul 2012
Re: Passiv systems
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 08:23:25 am »
Hi,

We have had the PassivEnergy system installed for over two years and really like it. I also install the system so have very good knowledge of what it can and can't do. If you would like to discuss it, or if I can just help answer some questions for you, please drop me an email with a phone number and a good time and which to reach you, and I will give you a call. I am based near Oxford by the way.

Kind regards
Julian

Small Farmer

• Joined Jan 2012
  • Bedfordshire
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 10:34:05 pm »
Have sent a PM, though I'm slightly baffled by the system which isn't saving a copy
Being certain just means you haven't got all the facts

GreenMakeover

• Joined Jul 2012
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 07:48:21 pm »
WE have installed >400 of their meters. They have prodided good kit so far but their lead times and service can leave a lot to be desired. That said, we still use them!
I think this system could be a bit basic, not sure whether it modulates load accoridng to generation in an analogue fashion rather than simply switching a pre-set load in a digital fashion.
I will have a look...... :wave:

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS