Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Halfway through  (Read 3066 times)

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
Halfway through
« on: June 21, 2012, 07:42:23 am »
21 st June, longest day, peeing down, cold ,windy, misserable. Weve had no summer to speak of ,from here on in the days shorten and we'll be back to the cold long winter, how joyless and depressing is that? ??? :(

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
Re: Halfway through
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 07:48:47 am »
Its horrible, Doug. Really depressing. We went to Spain for a few days and it was so nice to enjoy some sunshine, come back here and everyone's grumpy again!
Weirdest thing is, I'm not sure if I have a cold or hayfever  ::)
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Fleecewife

• Joined May 2010
  • South Lanarkshire
    • ScotHebs
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 08:33:04 am »
But we had a pretty dam good spring back in March - remember the heatwave?    There will be some good weather in July, because that's when we make hay  :eyelashes: :fc:   Meanwhile the wind here, although it's from the east, is relatively mild. I'm thankful for small mercies  ;D ;D
"Let's not talk about what we can do, but do what we can"

There is NO planet B - what are YOU doing to save our home?

Do something today that your future self will thank you for - plant a tree

Love your soil - it's the lifeblood of your land.

suziequeue

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Llanidloes; Powys
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 08:36:26 am »
Yes  :(

It's my birthday tomorrow. It's nice to have a summer birthday but there's always a tinge of sadness as the days start to shorten
We do the best we can with the information we have

When we know better we do better

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2012, 09:33:16 am »
25 years ago today, I gave birth to my younger daughter Hannah Lucy at 11.45 in the morning. It was Fathers Day, so my OH was entitled to a baby carrier from Peaudouce nappies. I remember it was a lovely sunny day but I was too knackered to enjoy it as I had been awake all night having contractions!!
The thing that (after the birth of course) stuck in my mind from that day, was getting onto the ward and it being luchtime. I was given roast beef with yorkshire pud, roast potatoes and vegs with the most gorgeous gravy. It was so welcome as I was ravenous, but it was so tasty too!
I am sort of estranged from Hannah unfortunately, but I am so proud of her. She has a masters degree and now works with handicapped people. More than that, I dont know as despite my writing to her every week, I dont hear from her. Still, that's another story!

omnipeasant

• Joined May 2012
  • Llangurig , Mid Wales
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2012, 10:17:31 am »
Keep on writing NormandyMary and  :fc: that she responds one day.

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2012, 10:36:23 am »
Might be the cost of stamps, do you have her email address? or skype
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 11:49:31 am by tizaala »

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2012, 01:52:23 pm »
Its cold here, so fed up with this weather and now the days are about to get shorter.i keep thinking tomorrow will be better but its not.
Keep trying with your daughter NormandyMary one day she will need you.

nic99

• Joined Jul 2011
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2012, 03:34:24 pm »
Don't mean to rain on your parade, but actually yesterday was the longest day due to it being a leap year. So we are 1 day closer to the 3pm nightfall than you thought!

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2012, 04:49:49 pm »
We're half way through in terms of the calendar but the better weather often comes later.

We had very good weather earlier in the year and we may well yet.

Since none of us has a crystal ball, why make yourself miserable imagining the worst?

SteveHants

• Joined Aug 2011
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2012, 05:21:42 pm »
I can't complain about the rain - I spent most of March grumbling at how dry it'd been. Nice to see some water about. Grass is growing up at the sheeps feet, I'd had to fed them at this time last year.

Its not cold and skin is waterproof.

Mustn't grumble!

mcginty

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Tyrone, N.I.
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2012, 11:43:56 pm »
my son is home on holiday, lives in Italy.
So pleased to see the rain and cooler weather
That's the way the cookie crumbles.

MAK

• Joined Nov 2011
  • Middle ish of France
    • Cadeaux de La forge
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2012, 07:15:20 am »
hang on - we still have 6 months before Xmas and we did not have a frost until early Jan - I rember birthdays and days off with visitors were with us when I was in a T shirt in November and December. So heads up everyone plenty of warm days to come. 
www.cadeauxdelaforge.fr
Gifts and crafts made by us.

SteveHants

• Joined Aug 2011
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2012, 03:13:33 pm »
Aye, and if we have a warm back end of the year like last year, you can bet I'll be whinging about that. Mind you the guns did look amusingly sticky on their pegs on opening day of last years shoot.....

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS