Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Our first OSB litter  (Read 11209 times)

arl

• Joined Mar 2011
Re: Our first OSB litter
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2012, 08:55:49 am »
Brilliant they look fab
Arl

Tamsaddle

• Joined May 2011
  • Hampshire, near Portsmouth
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2012, 10:44:37 am »
Aw, that's really hard but great news on them taking to the tray feeding.  I'd be interested to see a photo of the type of tray you are using.

We tried to bottle feed the runt of Lady Penelope's litter, but he would not take to it, not even after quite considerable attempts were made to entice him.  We put him back with the family, where he seemed happy, but found him dead yesterday morning.  The dish I also tried feeding him from was a disaster - he just ran over and over it, tipping it and so on.  hence my question over what you used.  With 16 of them to feed, that's some achievement.  WELL DONE!!  :farmer:

This is the bit I found a real problem too, and I only had 2 to hand feed.   Got worse and worse as they got bigger.   Whatever two trays or dishes I used, both would make a bee line for only one dish, fight, push and bash the other out of the way, spill the whole thing, and then both would go and do exactly the same thing in the second dish.   Incredible waste of time, and milk, and re-mixing time.   In the end I had to physically separate them, but they still tried their hardest to get into the same small space at the same time, rather than each going into their own compartment with one dish each.   I too would love to know how you are managing with 16 !!

princesspiggy

« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2012, 04:20:52 pm »
is there any reason why u cant use the bottle holders that lambs/calves use?

Polished Arrow

• Joined Mar 2012
  • Forest of Dean
  • www.cinderhilllfarm.com
    • www.cinderhillfarm.com
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2012, 04:13:37 pm »
Aw, that's really hard but great news on them taking to the tray feeding.  I'd be interested to see a photo of the type of tray you are using.

We tried to bottle feed the runt of Lady Penelope's litter, but he would not take to it, not even after quite considerable attempts were made to entice him.  We put him back with the family, where he seemed happy, but found him dead yesterday morning.  The dish I also tried feeding him from was a disaster - he just ran over and over it, tipping it and so on.  hence my question over what you used.  With 16 of them to feed, that's some achievement.  WELL DONE!!  :farmer:

This is the bit I found a real problem too, and I only had 2 to hand feed.   Got worse and worse as they got bigger.   Whatever two trays or dishes I used, both would make a bee line for only one dish, fight, push and bash the other out of the way, spill the whole thing, and then both would go and do exactly the same thing in the second dish.   Incredible waste of time, and milk, and re-mixing time.   In the end I had to physically separate them, but they still tried their hardest to get into the same small space at the same time, rather than each going into their own compartment with one dish each.   I too would love to know how you are managing with 16 !!

Radio silence... Maybe it tells us more than anything else  :D

Hope its all going okay for you...Thinking of you and your little ones, anyhow!
www.cinderhillfarm.com

We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are.
Anais Nin

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS