Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: 14 days after purchase,I find some intestine in the poop!  (Read 2213 times)

zeeteecee

• Joined Jul 2010
14 days after purchase,I find some intestine in the poop!
« on: June 19, 2012, 06:57:29 am »
What else can I say, just when you think you know hens & their issues well, they do something unexpected & new! Got some new girls 14 days ago, they will be about 21 Weeks old now.they are currently still in isolation in a shed & runplenty large enough.this morning I let them out, they all hopped off the perch, toddled off to do what hens are supposed to do, and then I noticed a piece of what can only be described as intestine in the poop I scraped up!I looked at them all, no traces of trauma or blood on them that I can see.they all look & seem ok. Any ideas? Mysterious!

Womble

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Stirlingshire, Central Scotland
Re: 14 days after purchase,I find some intestine in the poop!
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2012, 07:22:43 am »
Hiya,

I can't tell you what it is, but I've seen that before too, and I don't think it's anything to worry about. I'm sure somebody more knowledgeable will be along soon to say what it actually is!!  :)
"All fungi are edible. Some fungi are only edible once." -Terry Pratchett

zeeteecee

• Joined Jul 2010
Re: 14 days after purchase,I find some intestine in the poop!
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 07:27:46 am »
Its weird to say the least! its never happened to us before & I've kept poultry for 20 years! I know there's not much I can do,especially as all seems harmonious & no bullying going on.
Just a mystery!
Thankyou !

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS