Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Bluebells  (Read 5736 times)

The Relic

• Joined Mar 2009
  • County Down
Re: Bluebells
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2009, 01:47:25 am »
living in Ireland i can tell yea Fairies are not to be taken lightly. many a man has met his maker by cutting down a fairy tree

sandy

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2009, 09:10:12 am »
I love trees and always used to take My young children for walks in the woods and tell them fairy stories when they were younger, my pop did that with me and my brother and we loved it, trees do seem to be mystical to me anyway. We have a garden full of Rowan trees and one had a rotton trunk due to me putting an old tree stump next to it ::) anyway, a tree surgeon cut out the rotton side and I feel better now that it is OK and both me and the tree surgeon did not want to harm the tree as I have heard of all the mystical power they suppose to hold, anyway, I love them and they were full of berries last year but Rowan jell appeared to be a bit difficult and fiddley  for me, I may try one year.

carl

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2009, 10:50:15 am »
i love this time of year, when the bluebelles are out. It reminds me of long lost weekends when we used to play in the woods, building dens and playing hide and seek etc. we were in north east derbyshire, and the land was part of the rutland estate. 000's of acres of unspoiled english woodland with bluebelles, oaks, rowan, beech, birch and clearings with bracken. they built a bypass through it, which is now self set on the banks with trees and gorse. I was told at a young age to watch out for tramps( which I thought were like wild cave men) and badgers?. if my lad went out all day like we did I'd be worried. wonderfull innoccent times.

sandy

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2009, 11:17:55 am »
Sad really that children hae not the same freedom, are things so different, traffic definately is, I remeber going on a cycle at 10 years old along a main road that is now very fast, I owuld notlet my 10 year old cycle along there. I remember rnning n when the Rag and Bone man came, you could hear him streets away, still shiver at the thought!!!!!

Fluffywelshsheep

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Near Stirling, Central Scotland
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2009, 12:20:17 pm »
hehe lovely photo must get out with my camera soon to take random photos again.
Hope your enjoying you 'hols' Ann

MiriMaran

• Joined Feb 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2009, 07:37:31 pm »
I have every intention of letting my children run wild in the wood near my house as long as its drilled into them to stay away from roads and the railway track.  I hope I have the courgae to let them go when they are old enough!

G0MZS

• Joined Apr 2009
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2009, 07:47:17 pm »
I was happy when the garden filled with bluebells :)

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS