Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Brilliant food shopping website....  (Read 11656 times)

luckylady

• Joined Aug 2009
  • Yorkshire
Re: Brilliant food shopping website....
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2012, 02:06:47 pm »
Am I in the minority here? ???  I couldn't eat a creme egg if I were promised a bottle of gin afterwards :D
With you on this one Sylvia.  Now if they sell caramel filled ones ( :fc: ) thats a different egg game altogether.  ;D ;D
Doing that swan thing - cool and calm on the surface but paddling like crazy beneath.

tizaala

• Joined Mar 2011
  • Dolau, Llandrindod Wells,Powys
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2012, 03:15:19 pm »
Other uses for tampons, add longer string and use for gun pull throughs,
I've heared that elephants use sheep with a rope tied to one of their back legs. :innocent:

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2012, 06:13:19 pm »
Other uses for tampons, add longer string and use for gun pull throughs,
I've heared that elephants use sheep with a rope tied to one of their back legs. :innocent:
they are also good for bullet wounds!  soak up the blood, obviously...

we've used approved foods - some stuff is out of date (which doesnt bother us) but you can filter for just in date stuff.

If anyone wants any Pectin, I have absolutely loads! We don't get that much fruit, but its dead expensive here...
Little Blue

NormandyMary

• Joined Apr 2011
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2012, 09:22:24 pm »
Ive just added the site to my "favourites" too. Ill hopefully do an order before my brother comes over for his visit later in the year. I wont be buying creme eggs either though. They are on a par with Mars bars....yuk! Now Cadbury's Crunchies are a different thing altogether!!

princesspiggy

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2012, 09:40:02 pm »
ooh just did an order... ;D ;D
£7.50 delivery to scotland tho....free for first time so we'l see. im hungry now... :D :D :D

god, im bad for shopping on-line! iv just bought a load of food we never normally eat, what am i gona do wi all those poppadoms...lol..says a recovering ebay addict    ::) ::) ::)  im ashamed to admit how many creme eggs we bought....pmsl
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 09:46:34 pm by princesspiggy »

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2012, 08:43:43 am »
but the poppadoms are such good value ... I'm thinking of putting jam on, instead of biscuits!
And my o/h seems to have started putting ketchup on everything, a la Pop Larkin... :D
Little Blue

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2012, 08:47:25 am »
We ended up with loads of peshwari naan and I bought 2 jars of curry paste (which were too spicy, oops). They have a FB page too so you can see the offers quickly and get an order in before they sell out on certain things  :)
The best bit is when it all arrives, its like Xmas - loads of boxes that you can recycle if like me you send lots of parcels out (brand new with no marking on, fold into flatpack) they will text/email you to let you know when the parcel is due and the name of your driver
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Small Farmer

• Joined Jan 2012
  • Bedfordshire
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2012, 09:19:02 am »
Is this the antidote to the spurious "sell-by" date.

My kids have been brought up on the wretched things and look worried when I open the out of date yogurt and sniff it.
Being certain just means you haven't got all the facts

plumseverywhere

• Joined Apr 2013
  • Worcestershire
    • Its Baaath Time
    • Facebook
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2012, 09:39:56 am »
Hopefully SF.  I think its a good way to bridge the gap between consumerism and freeganism by allowing us to make use of what we know isn't going to harm us but the beaurocrats think we will sue their butts off if they don't implement!

My mum started to develop dementia when I was still a child - I soon learnt how to judge by sense of smell if things were likely to make us ill. It wasn't unusual to have green cheese in my sarnies at school, solid milk and various other gone off yuckiness. Makes you realise that the common sense approach makes is more logical than the sticker telling you when to bin something!
Smallholding in Worcestershire, making goats milk soap for www.itsbaaathtime.com and mum to 4 girls,  goats, sheep, chickens, dog, cat and garden snails...

Big Light

• Joined Aug 2011
    • Facebook
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2012, 10:43:25 am »
Ordered just over £30 mainly sauces / packet stuff etc for a tester best bargain is the sharwood Thai red curry paste sachets 12 for 1pence MAD!
- Free postage first time would have been just over a fiver they reckon we saved £113 or so from buying it at shop price
Could have got 240 cream eggs for £24 and bathed in them lol!

princesspiggy

« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2012, 10:58:09 am »
My mum started to develop dementia when I was still a child - I soon learnt how to judge by sense of smell if things were likely to make us ill. It wasn't unusual to have green cheese in my sarnies at school, solid milk and various other gone off yuckiness. Makes you realise that the common sense approach makes is more logical than the sticker telling you when to bin something!

growing up our family were terrible at having out of date food, personally, with 4 kids and 3 dogs - its never a problem! but if u stick to dried foods etc, they wont kill you. big savings on the health foods, as long as u can read german....lol

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2012, 03:07:04 pm »
Nouvelle at Semichem £ 2.49 - just thought I'd let you know  ;)

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2012, 04:00:47 pm »
I really like to browse in international products....looks like an order's going out today  :yum: ;D :&>

bloomer

• Joined Aug 2010
  • leslie, fife
  • i have chickens, sheep and opinions!!!
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2012, 05:02:08 pm »
well i managed 50 quid easily but i am assembling a couple of food parcels currently for deserving people so bought silly quantities of some stuff!!!

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2012, 05:11:48 pm »
Thanks for this, Plums.  When I was a child there was no such thing as a sell by date.  If it looked ok and smelled ok,you ate it.

As to all that thai chilli stuff, you could always cook a huge potful and invite us all round.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS