Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Couple of acres of rough land scarborough area?  (Read 3475 times)

yorksfarmer

• Joined Aug 2008
  • scarborough
    • The Tack Shack
Couple of acres of rough land scarborough area?
« on: June 11, 2012, 05:14:55 pm »
Having got all set up again for our new GOS to arrive we were told they could not go in the field we had planned for them due to cross compliance. (More to do with someone else spitting there dummy about not been able to keep them there I thinks!!) Anyway we've now got a 1000 meters of electric fence with all new insulators, feed, troughs and piggys all ready to go but no where to put them.  Does anyone know of anyone who has a few acres of rough land, wood land, anything really for a couple of docile piggys? This is the second time we've had the rug pulled out from us now  :'(

ladyjanefarmer

• Joined Jun 2012
Re: Couple of acres of rough land scarborough area?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 07:12:54 pm »
that's such bad luck if we were nearer we would help out x

yorksfarmer

• Joined Aug 2008
  • scarborough
    • The Tack Shack
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 11:25:14 am »
Thanks jane,  its always the same around here. You get promised some land at a reasonable price then all of a sudden its gets pulled out from under you.  We had 10 acres last year all papers ready to sign then they pulled out at last minute saying someone had offered them twice as much for it. A week later theres 2 ponies on there!!! Looked at buying some land but again totally out priced by some of the horsey fraternity.

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 12:54:12 pm »
Might be worth posting on North Yorkshire Smallholders, only costs £7.50 to join and they cover a big area and they send e-mails of all their ads to those that want them. might turn something up for you, I'm over towards Northallerton but know what you mean about the horsey fraternity its the same round here. Acre pony paddocks are going for silly money in some of the villages, nice little earner for farmers with land on the edges!
Hope you find something
All the best
Mandy  :pig:

yorksfarmer

• Joined Aug 2008
  • scarborough
    • The Tack Shack
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 05:00:43 pm »
Thanks Mandy will have a look now, just really fed up sometimes wonder if its all worth it.

yorksfarmer

• Joined Aug 2008
  • scarborough
    • The Tack Shack
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2012, 05:19:00 pm »

[size=78%]Hi Mandy, joined north yorkshire smallholder society but can't find anywhere to post an add on there.  Tried the local rural estate agents to see if there had anything but as soon as you mention pigs no ones interested, sheep on the other hand seem to be welcomed with open arms. Do you think anyone would notice if I wrapped a piglet up in a fleece[/size].   ??? 

kitchen cottage

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2012, 07:13:57 am »
You want silly money?  Try this where I live.....

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-35957039.html?premiumA=true

There's a paddock near me for sale for 40,000 and I'd consider it BUT its right next to the motorway and mainly made up of road shavings.....

Eventually we'll get pikey's in I suspect.  >:(

yorksfarmer

• Joined Aug 2008
  • scarborough
    • The Tack Shack
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2012, 09:33:29 am »
Bloody hell....there's a lot to be said for Yorkshire!!!

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2012, 10:24:14 am »

[size=78%]Hi Mandy, joined north yorkshire smallholder society but can't find anywhere to post an add on there.  Tried the local rural estate agents to see if there had anything but as soon as you mention pigs no ones interested, sheep on the other hand seem to be welcomed with open arms. Do you think anyone would notice if I wrapped a piglet up in a fleece[/size].   ???

i will message you an address on which to post your ad on NYSS.
Get mangalitzas they're woolly  ;D
mandy  :pig:

yorksfarmer

• Joined Aug 2008
  • scarborough
    • The Tack Shack
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2012, 11:42:50 am »
LOL thanks for the Mandy, will drop him a email later and see if we get any joy.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS