Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Lost tags  (Read 2214 times)

bigchicken

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Fife Scotland
Lost tags
« on: June 10, 2012, 04:31:51 pm »
Lost tags on a few sheep need to replace, one or two have ripped the old ones out somehow leaving large tares where do I put the tag in that ear
Shetland sheep, Castlemilk Moorits sheep, Hebridean sheep, Scots Grey Bantams, Scots Dumpy Bantams. Shetland Ducks.

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
Re: Lost tags
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 04:46:09 pm »
Between two other ribs.  (And not until you have to, or you will run out of ear!)  (I did not say that.  :innocent:)
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

andywalt

• Joined Aug 2010
  • kent
  • observe react administer enjoy !!
    • photos
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 05:42:41 pm »
LIke It !!
Suffolk x romneys and Texel X with Romney Tup, Shetlands and Southdown Tup

andywalt

• Joined Aug 2010
  • kent
  • observe react administer enjoy !!
    • photos
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 05:46:04 pm »
Ive not lost any of the qwick tags at all, they all have held well, this year I will put one in the top of the ear on one side and on the lower part of the ear on the other side, just as I am sure helps a double loss of tag

Suffolk x romneys and Texel X with Romney Tup, Shetlands and Southdown Tup

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS