Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Welsh TASers - are you all OK?  (Read 8891 times)

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
Re: Welsh TASers - are you all OK?
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2012, 08:25:57 pm »
Glad you lot on here are fine  :thumbsup: hope others in the area are ok.

Things looked very rough on the news. Must have been bad for lifeboat rescuers to need airlifted  :o
At least it looks like it's settled a bit now. Then there's the clearing up,  poor souls it must be devastating.

It's been sunshine and heavy rain  on and off all day here, looks set to continue through the night.

sabrina

• Joined Nov 2008
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2012, 08:26:49 pm »
Looks shocking, feel so sorry for all those caught in it.

VSS

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Pen Llyn
    • Viable Self Sufficiency.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2012, 09:39:06 pm »
Enormous quantites of rain in the last three days - we are OK but we are on a hill so all the rain comes in one side and goes out the other taking all the soil with it  ::)

Was supposed to go to Aberytwyth show today. They rang to cancel it yesterday afternoon as there was a foot of water in the sheep pens - I expect it was more like 3 or 4 feet this morning.

Anyone heard from Kaz? She is based around Aberystwyth
The SHEEP Book for Smallholders
Available from the Good Life Press

www.viableselfsufficiency.co.uk

omnipeasant

• Joined May 2012
  • Llangurig , Mid Wales
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2012, 09:56:52 pm »
Fortunately we are over 1,000 feet above sea level, but the land we rent lower down was flooded yesterday. good job we hadn't put any lambs down there. Stables flooded, horses stayed in yesterday  and water running over the land, but we are okay thanks.

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2012, 10:06:57 pm »
Wow - I hope all you fellow TASers are ok down there ...
I used to take my children to Aberaeron caravan site when they were young - I just can't believe some of the pictures we're seeing on the TV :o
Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

kaz

• Joined Jul 2008
  • Ceredigion
  • Dust yourself off when life throws you down.
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2012, 10:08:13 pm »
We're O.k.. Had a bit of a battering yesterday. Went into Aber this evening and they have the main road closed into the town at the top coming in from Cardigan as it is all flooded down by Morrison's, and the camping site up the top looks as it is in trouble as they are right down by the river (entry is at top of the town road) It is causing chaos as it is affecting all major A roads.
Penybont Ryelands. Ystwyth Coloured Ryelands.  2 alpacas, 2 angora goats, 2 anglo nubian kids, 3golden retrievers a collie and a red fox labrador retriever, geese, ducks & chickens.

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2012, 10:12:02 pm »
Glad to hear you're ok Kaz x
Tunkey Herd - registered Kune Kune & rare breed poultry - www.tunkeyherdkunekune.com

ayrt1010

• Joined Jun 2012
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2012, 10:16:04 pm »
Around Welshpool airport was flooded today. How terrible for the people who have been flooded.

kaz

• Joined Jul 2008
  • Ceredigion
  • Dust yourself off when life throws you down.
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2012, 10:16:42 pm »
Had Bionic here today collecting her new babies. See her post.
Penybont Ryelands. Ystwyth Coloured Ryelands.  2 alpacas, 2 angora goats, 2 anglo nubian kids, 3golden retrievers a collie and a red fox labrador retriever, geese, ducks & chickens.

in the hills

• Joined Feb 2012
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2012, 10:17:41 pm »
Thanks all .... dont need to water  ::)  but we are okay.  There are benefits to being ..... in the hills!

Hope everyone lower down is okay.

Beewyched

• Joined Feb 2011
  • South Wales
    • tunkeyherd.co.uk
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2012, 10:25:42 pm »
How's everyone in the Towy valley doing?  The floods there have been so much more frequent over recent years too - Bl**dy Welsh Water & their "improvements"  ::)

Bangbang

« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2012, 10:26:26 pm »
Has anyone heard from deepinthewoods? .....who is on a fishing trip in Wales.

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2012, 11:00:20 pm »
Flood warnings out for Ironbridge near me, when all the excess water in Wales finds its way into the Severn and heads in this direction.  Fortunately I am at the top of the gorge but the houses lower down will almost certainly be flooded and the road closed.  Usually the flood barriers are out in good time but some will seep through.

Tudful Tamworths

• Joined Aug 2009
    • Liz's website
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2012, 11:28:11 pm »
Thank you all for your concern. Some parts of Wales - particularly mid and parts of the north - have been really badly hit, as you will have seen on the news.

Friends of mine are counting the cost but are, thankfully, okay. Bizarrely, further down south, we've seen the best day for weeks! Lovely sunny, warm day at last, after so many days of struggling to do stuff in torrential rain. Moving a sore and injured sow, single-handed - during a storm and through a field where mud reached over the tops of the wellies - was not much fun yesterday!

Best wishes to all those still struggling with the weather, Hope it gets better soon for everyone xxx
www.lizshankland.com www.biggingerpigs.com
Author of the Haynes Pig Manual, Haynes Smallholding Manual, and the Haynes Sheep Manual. Three times winner of the Tamworth Champion of Champions. Teaching smallholding courses at Kate Humble's farm: www.humblebynature.com

suziequeue

• Joined Feb 2010
  • Llanidloes; Powys
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2012, 07:01:13 am »
God - I'm so glad we are on higher ground
We do the best we can with the information we have

When we know better we do better

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS