Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Pedigree Gloucester Old Spot Boar  (Read 18048 times)

Tony.K

• Joined Jan 2008
Pedigree Gloucester Old Spot Boar
« on: February 03, 2008, 10:56:15 am »
Pedigree Gloucester Old Spot Sambo boar for sale. He is nineteen months old and incredibly gentle. He has already sired three litters, minimum litter ten piglets.

ben10

• Joined Feb 2008
Re: Pedigree Gloucester Old Spot Boar
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2008, 12:18:11 pm »
Tony,

Not sure if you have read my posting of missis wanting rare and unusal animals can you tell me if this boar is in UK and what is the price please

Ben

ben10

• Joined Feb 2008
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 06:32:38 pm »
Hello
Guess you have sold this chap as I have not received a reply, never mind better luck next time

Ben

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 08:00:37 am »
Ben 10 join the club...

carole

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 02:38:03 pm »
Hi Ben 10

If you are looking for a pedigree and registered boar please contact me as I have a friend who has one and maybe will loan for the purpose of!!!!

Carole

rustyme

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 04:04:53 pm »
Hello Ben10,
                have you thought about AI ? it may work out cheaper? unless you have loads of sows to er sort out....plus you get to pick from lots of different boars. There is an article on it in the new copy of the Ark, the RBST mag.I don't know how clear the article is ,it only came today and I haven't read it so far !! It is written by Simon Longe of pigs in France....

www.pigsinfrance.com
www.rbst.org.uk  

cheers

Russ
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 04:15:19 pm by rustyme »

rustyme

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2008, 05:08:11 pm »
information on pig AI from the RBST fact file 2008:

RBST Pig Semen.

Semen is available by mail order from Deerpark AI Station. Cost 20 pounds + p&p (three inseminations including catheters) to be sent next day delivery. Currently the breeds they have available are:-
- Tamworth ( Royal Standard )
- Gloucester Old Spots ( Rufus & Windmill Patrick 6 )
- British Saddleback ( Golden Arrow )
- Berkshire ( Nama Able )
- Middle White ( Rajah )
- Welsh ( Workman & Birdcombe Emperor 45 )
- Large Black (Defender )

Boars kept at stud are changed periodically, please telephone 028 7938 6287 or visit

www.deerpark-pigs.com  

for further details.

I hope that is of use to someone ...

cheers

Russ

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2008, 05:57:20 pm »
Russ that is incredibly kind of you.  However if we all use the AI boars this time around, the new gilts wont be able to be AId as they dont change fast enough. 

rustyme

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2008, 06:17:27 pm »
Hello HM,
          no problem HM , I had a few spare minutes earlier. I know what you mean , but I also know a few of you have yor own boars anyway , or a least access to one nearby !!!, so it wouldn't really apply to them . It was just for anybody with only a couple of gilts/sows as a stop gap type thing , or if they are just breeding for meat then it wouldn't matter, (as long as their sow/gilt wasn't related to the boar chosen for the AI?), it would save the cost of keeping a boar . However as you say, if someone is breeding to keep gilts for further breeding then there could be problems .  ;) ;D

cheers

Russ

Tony.K

• Joined Jan 2008
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2008, 08:25:03 pm »
Hi Ben 10,

Really sorry I didn't get back to you, been rather busy and not had time to look at any mail. The boar is in France and has been sold.
Thanks for your enquiry.

Tony.K

• Joined Jan 2008
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2008, 08:31:42 pm »
Hilarysmum,

You contacted us directly via private mail, requesting information on this boar which was supplied. You were informed you had first refusal until Thursday 7th February, as I was available to deliver him to you the following day. You told me you were in dept. 56 but I requested a full address to enable me to give an accurate delivery price, however you did not respond and we therefore understood you to be no longer interested.

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2008, 08:15:22 am »
  I am delighted for you that you have sold him.   :D

Ben 10, if you are still looking for a Gos boar, please pm me.  HM
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 08:23:42 am by Hilarysmum »

ben10

• Joined Feb 2008
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2008, 10:09:42 am »
Hi HM

Yes I am still interested in a Gosie boar, not sure about AI as all new to me. I have sent you my details via the messaging service here.
Thank you for responding

Ben

botham

• Joined Apr 2010
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2010, 05:46:45 am »
Pedigree Gloucester Old Spot Sambo boar for sale. He is nineteen months old and incredibly gentle. He has already sired three litters, minimum litter ten piglets.

Sorry i was busy with my exams and late to reply. That is good news i would like to opt for it. Still available for sale or i have missed the chance? :wave:

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2010, 09:27:05 am »
Botham, sorry think you missed this one, ad doesnt make it clear that the boar was in France.

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS