Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Free Hens in N.E Fife.  (Read 2742 times)

crispin70

• Joined Jun 2011
Free Hens in N.E Fife.
« on: June 07, 2012, 03:01:57 pm »
We have a large flock of hens living free range, all were hatched from our own eggs as four cockerels run with about 26 hens. Last week we had 45 hens but Mr Fox is working his way through the flock. Since shooting the fox is not an option here due to proximity to other animals in neighbouring fields in very close proximity, and since we do not wish to have chickens confined to a run, and since we have been planning when to gradually start downsizing anyway, we have decided to get rid of them before they are all taken. They are a mix of Light Sussex, Cream Legbar, Blackrocks, Maran and one Buff Orpington. All are free to a good home!! You better be quick though, they are going at a rate of one or two every day. You are welcome to have as many or few as you wish. There are four nice tempered cockerels too, but I don't expect anyone wants them!! Can be collected any afternoon. I will post again when they are all gone. We are in NE Fife just North of Cupar.

GillB

• Joined Apr 2012
Re: Free Hens in N.E Fife.
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2012, 04:19:14 pm »
May I have your post code ? :)

Many thanks

stefania

• Joined Jun 2012
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2012, 04:27:17 pm »
Hi, Please do keep updated as I am looking to get 3 hens!!! My sister inlaw was meant to be bringing me a chicken house and run for my garden tom but not sure if its fell through!! Hopefully not if Im still getting it tom Id be able to come up asap as live in Glenrothes!!! Fingers crossed or I need to start looking all over again! :-[

crispin70

• Joined Jun 2011
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2012, 05:28:03 pm »
KY15 4PY

crispin70

• Joined Jun 2011
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2012, 05:28:56 pm »
Flock now 20 hens and 3 cockerels.

crispin70

• Joined Jun 2011
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2012, 08:38:24 pm »
Hens all accounted for now, thankyou for all the interest. Still got four cockerels, if no-one wants them then they will have to go to that interest free chicken coop in the sky!

demonfarmer2630

• Joined May 2011
  • kennoway
  • soor plooms
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2013, 11:46:32 am »
Hi do you have any left its a long shot but I thought I'd ask

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS