Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Thames Pageant.  (Read 14973 times)

Bangbang

Re: Thames Pageant.
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2012, 09:39:15 pm »
If people who live in this great country do not like what it represents, whether in its past or soon to be future then they should find a country that suits them and there attitude, leaving the rest of the country to enjoy itself.
Sort it, move, or shut up. This is a great nation having a celebration!

deepinthewoods

« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2012, 09:50:42 pm »
rather old boy, thats the spirit, they dont like it up em :thumbsup:

hic hic hoooooooray :-*

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2012, 10:02:32 pm »
For my pennyworth

As  I've become older ( and wiser  :innocent:) I grown to respect theroyal family and what it represents to our country. The history of kings and queens through history i find very interesting and we are one of the few countries to still have a royal family, many others have been lost. We ought to be proud. But like many other things in this country, instead we slander it to death.

Be British! Be proud!

Times are tough but there's always time to party.

Castle Farm

• Joined Nov 2008
  • Hereford/Powys Border. near Hay-on-Wye
    • castlefarmeggs
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2012, 10:40:35 pm »
What the hell have us british to be proud of?

We invade other countries and kill the people that live there.

We live in cloud bloody cuckoo land governed by a bunch of total idiots who couldn't sort out a ball of tangled string let alone the financial problems the 'higher mortals' have got us into.

Where is all this extra tax going?
Stupid fiascos like this weekend and the bloody olimpic games.
Gef rid of the lot of them we'd be better off with Harry Hill running the country.
Traditional Utility Breed Hatching Eggs sent next day delivery. Pure bred Llyen Sheep.
www.castlefarmeggs.co.uk  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Utility-Poultry-Keepers/231571570247281

Bangbang

« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2012, 10:56:23 pm »
Fine words from someone who lives in a 'Castle' farm.

Berkshire Boy

• Joined May 2011
  • Presteigne, Powys
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2012, 10:59:09 pm »
Presumably Bangbang as others are not allowed an opinion you would like the royals to go and a dictator put in their place. ???
Everyone makes mistakes as the Dalek said climbing off the dustbin.

robert waddell

« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2012, 08:36:58 am »
this is turning into a good going spat      vat went up to 20%  to help out Europe and vat was introduced to part fund our way in Europe
and on El presidentie Blair  don't rule out the possibility  if anybody had observered the gushing reporter talking about him at the levison inquiry you would think he had that status already   the prime cause of the country having the problems it does have in his rush to get up there with all the other scammers that have the mistaken belief that the taxpayer will fund it for them
the revolution cant come quick enough :farmer:

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2012, 09:44:09 am »
I haven't seen the pageant but was a captive audience last night for the Jubilee concert at Buckingham Palace. That poor old soul sat through it stoically but looked as though she would rather have been in bed with a mug of cocoa and a good book!

Tilly

• Joined Jan 2011
  • "Possibilities and miracles mean the same thing"
« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2012, 10:06:15 am »

.... well what ever everyones opinion  - its a good opportunity  for a knees up  :eyelashes: :thumbsup:

henchard

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Carmarthenshire
    • Two Retirees Start a New Life in Wales
    • Facebook
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2012, 11:11:09 am »
.... well what ever everyones opinion  - its a good opportunity  for a knees up  :eyelashes: :thumbsup:

yep I'm sure the unemployed brought in to steward the event and forced to sleep under London Bridge had a great knees up whilst the billionaire queen went back to her palace. Makes you think about scroungers doesn't it?

Small Farmer

• Joined Jan 2012
  • Bedfordshire
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2012, 12:10:11 am »
As a political system the monarchy is unsupportable but works well in practice.  It makes a lot of people happy and proud to be British and is supported by an overwhelming majority.  That makes it curiously democratic.  It brings in vast amounts in tourist revenue etc by comparison with what it costs to run.  It provides vast experience to the PM of the day (even if he's too big a tit to listen)  And the Queen's bragging rights in the wealthiest Brit contest have been knocked over the years

So unless there's a really good alternative why change?  And there isn't a better alternative, merely a choice of other ways of doing the same thing less well at vastly greater cost.  Look at the wads of dish being thrown around in the US where the megarich contributors to super PACs have effectively controlled the choice of Republican runner.  Consider Russia, Italy...

But I'm unconvinced by Charles.
Being certain just means you haven't got all the facts

Fowgill Farm

• Joined Feb 2009
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2012, 10:43:54 am »
As has been said, we are all entitled to our own opinions.  Personally I am proud to be British and proud of our Monarchy.  I wouldn't want to be royal for all the money in the world.  I like to be able to make mistakes without everyone knowing and without everything I do or say being broadcast in the media.  I also like being able to retire when I choose not have to go on for ever.

Have your opinions, you won't change mine.

Long live the Queen and the monarchy.

Well said MGM, have watched HRH all weekend from the Derby on saturday thro to the procession yesterday, she is one helluva trooper and i also think prince Charles has come out of this weekend very well and for all everyone says about Camilla never was a DIL ever so more attentative to the Queen as she has been this weekend, good on her, wouldn't have seen Princess (me me me me )Diana doing that. Been a grand weekend depsite the appalling weather bring on the olympics, ascot, wimbledon and all the other things that make you feel great to be British.
This weekend we've shown the world couldn't you just see the hundreds of thousands who had streamed into the Mall and funny there was only a handful of protestors who were quickly shouted down!
Mandy  :pig:
PS arise Sir Gary Barlow! :thumbsup:

RaisinHall Tamworths

• Joined May 2011
  • North Yorkshire
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2012, 06:38:07 pm »
As has been said, we are all entitled to our own opinions.  Personally I am proud to be British and proud of our Monarchy.  I wouldn't want to be royal for all the money in the world.  I like to be able to make mistakes without everyone knowing and without everything I do or say being broadcast in the media.  I also like being able to retire when I choose not have to go on for ever.

Have your opinions, you won't change mine.

Long live the Queen and the monarchy.

Well said MGM, have watched HRH all weekend from the Derby on saturday thro to the procession yesterday, she is one helluva trooper and i also think prince Charles has come out of this weekend very well and for all everyone says about Camilla never was a DIL ever so more attentative to the Queen as she has been this weekend, good on her, wouldn't have seen Princess (me me me me )Diana doing that. Been a grand weekend depsite the appalling weather bring on the olympics, ascot, wimbledon and all the other things that make you feel great to be British.
This weekend we've shown the world couldn't you just see the hundreds of thousands who had streamed into the Mall and funny there was only a handful of protestors who were quickly shouted down!
Mandy  :pig:
PS arise Sir Gary Barlow! :thumbsup:

Agree  ;D .  I ,love the royal family and think they do a great deal for this country. 
Also HM  breeds Highland ponies and Jersey cattle so I like to think The Queen and myself have a lot in common with us breeding Highlands and I have 2 Jerseys  :D   

deepinthewoods

« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2012, 06:55:46 pm »
 :D im not too convinced about the princes 'bladder infection' i think hes taking the p..s

jaykay

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Cumbria/N Yorks border
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2012, 07:15:42 pm »
im not too convinced about the princes 'bladder infection' i think hes taking the p..s
Groan  :D

Castle Farm, what other countries are you thinking of where what you state isn't the case?

Whatever system we had I don't think the 'ruler' would live in a two-up, two-down in an ex-industrial terrace somewhere. They would be privileged and live accordingly.

Personally when I look at the quality of person who is the Queen and compare that with the likes of Cameron, Clegg and Balls......well, thank goodness we do have a monarchy!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS