Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: lambing finally finished  (Read 2264 times)

ileach

• Joined Apr 2008
lambing finally finished
« on: April 22, 2009, 10:29:58 pm »
Finally all my 8 ColouredRyeland sheep have lambed, triplets, 3 sets of twins and singles.Now to get some sleep. Whether you have 8 or 80 you are still up at ungodly hours checking them just in case. Have however decided to make life easier and cut my numbers for next year so if anyone wants 2 shear ewes or last year ewe lambs give me a bell (am in Central scotland)

Rosemary

• Joined Oct 2007
  • Barry, Angus, Scotland
    • The Accidental Smallholder
Re: lambing finally finished
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 08:45:20 pm »
Oh, you temptress. I might not have any ewe lambs to keep this year...

I hope Jura has a boy - she's a bit nutty, so I bet her lamb will be too. To spite me, she'll have a ewe, betcha.

pikilily

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Do what you enjoy; And enjoy what you do!!
Re: lambing finally finished
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 08:45:45 am »
That first full sleep is wonderful isnt it? BUT then I found I was still getting up to check the little poppets to make sure they were feeding OK and to ward off any potential predators. A friend phoned me when I was in Tescos, replenishing our very empty post lambing cupboards, to say that there were a couple of buzzards flying around overhead. Shopping abandoned, 20  miles drive home PDQ, and they had gone by the time I got home. Lambs and mums all snoozing in the sunshine. Ach well! Eggs for tea again!
Emma X
If you don't have a dream; how you gonna have a dream come true?

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS