Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: A unique opportunity to live "the good life" in Ireland.  (Read 4303 times)

irishmist

• Joined Apr 2009
  • County Clare Ireland
    • GrowForIt
A unique opportunity to live "the good life" in Ireland.
« on: April 22, 2009, 03:38:49 pm »
There is an opportunity available for a couple who are interested in living and working a 2 acre smallholding in the South of Ireland.

Let me explain more...........

We have a lovely south facing Smallholding in County Clare on Irelands west coast. It has its own deep water well
and some decent land. On the land is a cabin that can comfortably accommodate a couple. The whole place is now
undergoing a programme of upgrade. We are looking for the right couple to live in the cabin and to use the land. We will supply a good sized greenhouse, raised beds and the use of a workshop/shed. The couple would pay only a nominal sum for the cabin plus electricity used. The cabin would be furnished (with taste by us) and have a satellite TV and cast iron stove for heating (the couple would provide their own fuel).

This opportunity is really a not for profit situation as the ongoing costs are far greater than we would dream of asking for from those that will live there. If we can keep the place going then we are happy.

In return we would ask that the couple keep an eye on the Farmhouse which is there and to welcome guests that would visit the Farmhouse from time to time and retain a small proportion of the produce for the main house. We will supply the "chosen ones" with chicken arcs, chickens, goats, all smallholding tools and friendship.

There would be no rates or property taxes to pay, there are no water rates as we provide water from our own deep well.

This really is one of those rare and genuine opportunities that come once in a blue moon. Theres no room for freeloaders or chance rs in this arrangement but if you are sincere, honest, warm hearted and want a new way of life then we should talk.

If any readers have an interest in a new way of life and wish to wish to talk further about this unique and sincere
opportunity please make contact by sending a message to Andrew at my email address which is fresh.air@ntlworld.com

For pictures of the cabin please visit: www.growforit.eu and see the cabin gallery.

Interested parties should supply a little bit of information about themselves and at least a mobile phone number so I can call to chat. We expect a good deal of interest so please tell us enough about yourselves to allow us to have a flavour of what you are like. 

northfifeduckling

• Joined Jan 2009
  • Fife
    • North Fife Blog
Re: A unique opportunity to live "the good life" in Ireland.
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 05:10:16 pm »
This would be my absolute dream, but I would have to ask my OH to chuck me out and keep the kids and the birds...Good luck with finding a suitable couple!  :&>

irishmist

• Joined Apr 2009
  • County Clare Ireland
    • GrowForIt
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 05:36:59 pm »
Well Thank you Ducklin!!

Nice kind words of encouragement!

Thats the only thing it is really only suitable for two people but good to get your feedback non the less.

www.growforit.eu a nice place to lay your rug.

irishmist

• Joined Apr 2009
  • County Clare Ireland
    • GrowForIt
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2009, 09:13:09 am »
I have just added a plan view of the smallholding to the website.

Please see www.growforit.eu
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 03:05:50 pm by irishmist »

Hilarysmum

• Joined Oct 2007
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 11:21:09 am »
It looks lovely! :D

irishmist

• Joined Apr 2009
  • County Clare Ireland
    • GrowForIt
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2009, 02:21:08 pm »
Thanks Hilarysmum,

It is a lovely old place, we have just had a great new road put in, it cost enough but it is great and makes access so easy.

www.growforit.eu    an easy place to get to.........

Pigtails

• Joined Mar 2009
  • Scotland
    • 29brawl
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2009, 07:35:11 pm »
It does look very lovely, serene too.
Every young couple's dream, so is it a tenant you are looking for?
I myself am not interested but I now some people who could very well be.
Pigtails

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS