Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Rutting Already !  (Read 2591 times)

Blinkers

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Carmarthenshire
  • Carmarthenshire/Pembrokeshire border
    • Glyn Elwyn - Faithmead Herd
    • Facebook
Rutting Already !
« on: July 22, 2012, 01:43:11 pm »
One nanny came into season today and Bacchus has covered her already!    Pre-Christmas kids this time then  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:  Yeay.
Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again !!
www.glynelwyn.co.uk

Brucklay

• Joined Apr 2010
  • Perthshire
    • Brucklay Pygmy Goats
    • Facebook
Re: Rutting Already !
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2012, 05:11:51 pm »
Some of my girls came into season over a month ago just after their kids left home and I keeping them on "on the other side of the fence" till at least september - couldn't handle trying to dream up christmas gift ideas and hours in the goat shed inspecting bottoms at the same time!!!

On the other hand if it was an excuse not to do any christmas shopping then I'd go for it  :thumbsup:
Pygmy Goats, Shetland Sheep, Zip & Indie the Border Collies, BeeBee the cat and a wreak of a building to renovate!!

sokel

• Joined Jun 2012
  • S W northumberland
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 09:44:24 pm »
We tend not to kid untill late feb early march. On the theory that if there is problems we shouldn't be snowed in and a vet can get to us
Graham

Blinkers

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Carmarthenshire
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 10:36:58 pm »
Never had 'em come into season this early before - must be the weird weather.   I don't mind how early they kid - we have babies of some sort all year round.   Very often have a pig farrow Xmas Day  :thumbsup:  - love it  ;)
www.glynelwyn.co.uk

kaz

• Joined Jul 2008
  • Ceredigion
  • Dust yourself off when life throws you down.
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 10:54:23 pm »
Is that to get out of cooking a Christmas dinner or to get hubby cooking it. :innocent:
Penybont Ryelands. Ystwyth Coloured Ryelands.  2 alpacas, 2 angora goats, 2 anglo nubian kids, 3golden retrievers a collie and a red fox labrador retriever, geese, ducks & chickens.

jinglejoys

• Joined Jul 2009
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 01:04:27 pm »
Could be a "False season" :)

Blinkers

• Joined Jan 2008
  • Carmarthenshire
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2012, 03:36:09 pm »
Is that to get out of cooking a Christmas dinner or to get hubby cooking it. :innocent:

Hubby IS  the chef in this house  :thumbsup: .   Deal is I rear it (or grow it), he cooks it  :thumbsup:
www.glynelwyn.co.uk

Lesley Silvester

• Joined Sep 2011
  • Telford
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2012, 08:57:30 pm »
Could be a "False season" :)

I've never heasrd of a false season.  Can you explain please?

Hubby IS  the chef in this house  :thumbsup: .   Deal is I rear it (or grow it), he cooks it  :thumbsup:

Sounds like a good arrangement.  The arrangment here is I do all the work growing stuff and his contribution is eating it.

little blue

• Joined Jun 2009
  • Derbyshire
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2012, 09:27:37 pm »
We have kids pretty much anytime, having a live-in billy goat means whenever she's ready, he gets his wicked way!
  Had a very special goat-moment today, cuddling my girl & listening to the kids move inside her ... then got deafened by her dinner going down/coming up!!  not 100% sure when they are due, but she always lets us know! and the milk is slowing off now... :goat:
Little Blue

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS