Agri Vehicles Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Zygomatic Arch Fracture! (Cheek bone to you and me)  (Read 2478 times)

Cavendish

• Joined Jul 2010
Zygomatic Arch Fracture! (Cheek bone to you and me)
« on: May 31, 2012, 03:32:06 pm »
Hi all, I have fractured my Zygomatic Arch, (Cheek Bone to you and me) while on a canal boat holiday, and yes you guessed it, it was with a windlass for the locks!.

I am having surgery for it tomorrow and i am starting to get quite nervous!. I know this is not exactly the right forum for his but i felt i needed to tell someone, and to see if anyone else has done this and had surgery for it?...

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
Re: Zygomatic Arch Fracture! (Cheek bone to you and me)
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 03:37:26 pm »
Ouch, that sounds painful Cavendish. I haven't had anything similar myself but I wish you all the best.
 :bouquet:
Sally
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

Mammyshaz

• Joined Feb 2012
  • Durham
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 03:47:29 pm »
Ooo not nice at all.  :bouquet: wishing you well and a speedy recovery post op.

RUSTYME

• Joined Oct 2009
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 04:13:36 pm »
Sorry to hear about your injury.
I have done both of mine a few   times each side. 
 A couple of times in motor bike crashes and shattered both in a car smash , and a few times in punch ups   .  Got permanent double vision due to it now .
I did have an op after one time , but remember nothing about it .
The usual place they go is where the nerve goes up inside , sort of from the canine teeth.
Hope you are lucky and don't end up with sinus problems like me !
 Until it heals , don't jump , sneeze , cough , shout or  eat anything hard or chewy . You will know why i say that if you do !
Take care , and next time , ' don't let go ! '

Sylvia

• Joined Aug 2009
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2012, 04:33:38 pm »
Sorry to hear this, get well soon :bouquet:

doganjo

• Joined Aug 2012
  • Clackmannanshire
  • Qui? Moi?
    • ABERDON GUNDOGS for work and show
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2012, 05:15:27 pm »
Hi all, I have fractured my Zygomatic Arch, (Cheek Bone to you and me) while on a canal boat holiday, and yes you guessed it, it was with a windlass for the locks!.

I am having surgery for it tomorrow and i am starting to get quite nervous!. I know this is not exactly the right forum for his but i felt i needed to tell someone, and to see if anyone else has done this and had surgery for it?...

Yes, I have - in 1988.   As a result of a bus running into my car.  They used a sort of spoon to flick it back into place, where it locks and heals by itself over time.  Never had any problem with mine since except some of the nerve endings in my scalp still tingle when my hair is washed. Oh and my face is a teensy bit squint but apparently it's only me that notices that. ;D
Always have been, always will be, a WYSIWYG - black is black, white is white - no grey in my life! But I'm mellowing in my old age

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS