Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: Mustard?  (Read 1976 times)

Morten Harket

• Joined Nov 2011
Mustard?
« on: May 30, 2012, 07:20:23 pm »
Hello all,

I've been nosing about the internet for mustard ideas, but the majority are American. Whilst this is fine I really would like some ideas for good old fashioned vintage British mustard recipes.

If anyone has any tried and tested favourites it would be great to hear of them.

:farmer:

NickiWilliams

• Joined Jun 2012
Re: Mustard?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 09:26:29 pm »
Hi, if you're a fan of English Mustard, try adding a little white wine vinegar to it along with a good pinch of chives or parsley and use as a dip - its fab - you can also tone down the kick with a little mayo or natural yourghurt. 

If you're a fan of horseradish, add it to some cooked beetroot (yes it becomes the most shocking fuschia colour) but with cold hams its delightful!! Also....bear with me on this one.....spread horseradish mixed with a little cream cheese, and a little dill onto a toasted crustini and pop on a little smoked salmon or cooked for a real treat. Don't knock that until you've tried it!! ots also great in smoked mackeral pate!!

Mix wholegrain mustard, whitewine vinegar, a touch of rapeseed oil, salt and pepper in a bowl, then pour over fresh salad, grilled chicken or pork makes a tasty salad dressing

Hope that these help!  ;D Let me know if you try them and what you think!

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS