Smallholders Insurance from Greenlands

Author Topic: I am obsessed with...  (Read 6124 times)

Bionic

• Joined Dec 2010
  • Talley, Carmarthenshire
Re: I am obsessed with...
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2012, 09:18:43 am »
Bangbang,
When we were children my dad used to pay us 3pence (old 3 penny piece) for each of his grey hairs we pulled out.  ;D
Life is like a bowl of cherries, mostly yummy but some dodgy bits

SallyintNorth

• Joined Feb 2011
  • Cornwall
  • Rarely short of an opinion but I mean well
    • Trelay Cohousing Community
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2012, 12:42:25 pm »
Ahhhh.... silence  :love:

Why is it that people apologise when they interrupt your speech but not when they interrupt your silence?

You know you have a good relationship (of any kind) with someone when a companionable silence is as delightful a shared pleasure as a good chin-wag, and no-one finds silence awkward; it's not something that must be filled, quite the reverse.  (Which is not to say I can't talk the hind legs off several equines when the mood takes me!   :D)

Thanks for sharing, Sylvia  :-* ... I don't quite understand it but it's so intriguing I suspect I will be starting to do it myself now... I love numbers!

I think I probably do still have an obsession about not throwing things away.  I find it really hard to throw things out.  So then I get backed up with things I want to make some use of, and then debilitated by all the things waiting for my attention...

And my newest obsession seems to be spinning and anything related to it.  For which I have to thank TAS, I don't know that I would ever have got started with it otherwise!   :-*
Don't listen to the money men - they know the price of everything and the value of nothing

Live in a cohousing community with small farm for our own use.  Dairy cows (rearing their own calves for beef), pigs, sheep for meat and fleece, ducks and hens for eggs, veg and fruit growing

deepinthewoods

« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2012, 06:52:40 pm »
sylvia, the last thing you are is thick. im a month or 2 away from getting the rhody sorted and ive picked up a load of ex pheasent pen panels, when im secured i will be up. thanks.xx

Ina

• Joined Feb 2012
  • South Aberdeenshire
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2012, 07:54:09 pm »
STOP THE PRESSES, HOLD THE FRONT PAGE,.....My three obsessions are : 1 :  Books by Sir Terry Pratchet. I must read some of his work every night for an hour before going to sleep

Me too, me too!!! ;D

Glad somebody shares my obsession. Haven't ordered the new one yet, though; I always wait until it's in paperback - would make the bookshelf look untidy otherwise!  :D
I love freshly filtered coffee, too - but I don't usually have a litre of it every morning... Only on Sundays!

Hate rubber gloves, though. Until recently, I worked in a lab and had to wear the bl**dy things for a lot of the jobs. ::) One good thing about being without a job - not having to wear rubber gloves!

mab

• Joined Mar 2009
  • carmarthenshire
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2012, 10:31:05 pm »
Dont laugh but rubber gloves and picking up chicken poo ;D
Every pocket i have has rubber gloves in because every time i go near the girls if i see a poo i pick it up and put in bin i have near their pen. I have been out shopping- sitting in a restaurant having a meal- out having a drink and put my hand in my pocket or my bag and come out with several gloves :D

My pockets are full of dog-poo bags - don't think I'm obsessed tho' - just haven't trained the dog to go on command.  ;D

Oh, but I am obsessed with my solar power - every time the sun comes out I find myself popping over to the meter to see how much free energy I'm getting.  :D

m

Forum sponsors

FibreHut Energy Helpline Thomson & Morgan Time for Paws Scottish Smallholder & Grower Festival Ark Farm Livestock Movement Service

© The Accidental Smallholder Ltd 2003-2024. All rights reserved.

Design by Furness Internet

Site developed by Champion IS